➝ are you brooding?

~ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘 ~

t/w: the people of paradis have never seen a colored person before … is this really a trigger? idk

-----elliot pov

“Hello, strangers! I am Commander Hange Zoe of the Survey Corps!” Hange called with a beaming smile. “Welcome to Paradis Island!”

We had brought three of the leading mutineers on the ship out to our campsite, but they had quickly dismissed it with a wave of their hand, bringing their own - more exquisite - campsite up. Inside the tent was quite spacious, with room for a large General’s battle plan table and several hammocks hanging near the entrance.

Two of the people were men, one with dark skin and a buzz cut, and the other with floppy ash-blond hair and lighter skin. The dark skinned male was quite strange, since his face was of a different color that I had never seen before.

It was quite mesmerizing - like the hue of chocolate rations we received in the Cadet Corps.

Next to them was a woman with short blond hair and piercing hazel eyes. I found myself having to look away quite suddenly from the flutter in my chest that she seemed to have caused.

Levi stared them down with heavy suspicion. The woman seemed to have caught on and sent them all a charming smile. “We shall introduce ourselves first, no?” She said, “I am Yelena. This is Onyankopon, and this is Nicolo.” She pointed to the dark-skinned man fist before the ash-blond.

She looked around the room at everyone one by one, almost studying them. Her eyes stopped on me and I squirmed under her unreadable gaze. After a few seconds, she smirked and sent me a wink, looking back at Levi and Hange.

Why? I thought. What the fuck is she doing?! She barely knows me!

I looked around the room. It wasn’t just me who was surprised at the hotness of the strangers - Sasha was looking not-so-discreetly at Nicolo, causing him to look away uncomfortably.

“We need a ride.” Hange said. Her tone was low letting me know she was going to try anything to get what she wanted. “Across the water, that is.” She stepped around the table to get closer to the three. She stood uncomfortably close to Onyankopon. “As you’d probably know, we have no idea what’s out there. We’d like a show for ourselves.” She whispered the last part, stepping away.

The man seemed to exhale in relief as Hange walked away from him. Yelena spoke, her eyes trained on Levi and Hange. “And what makes you think you can trust us?” She said, slowly, her head pointed down but her gaze fixed upwards.

“We’ve got them.” Jean said, crossing his arms over his chest and pointing to Levi, Mikasa, and I. Yelena tilted her head in skepticism and Nicolo’s face contorted to one of pure confusion. Jean sighed. “Ackermans.”

I grimaced and smacked him on the head. “You introduce us like cattle.” Jean huffed a light laugh and rubbed a hand into my head. His statement seemed to shock the three, though, causing their eyes to widen and faces to lift. Nicolo seemed the most terrified.

“Do… Do I have to come with you guys?” Nicolo said, biting his lip nervously. “You know, in case you do end up betraying them or some shit.” Yelena threw her head back and barked out a laugh.

“Of course you do, dear Nicolo!” She exclaimed. “Who else will make us good food?!”

Sasha seemed to perk up at that statement. Nicolo blushed and lowered his head in defeat. Yelena chuckled again.

“Give us some time.” She said to Hange, her voice returning to a serious but amused tone. “We’ll need resources for the trip and by then, we’ll catch you up on a lot.”