3

May, 2021

May, 2021

Today started rather unpleasantly.

I had a killer headache since I woke up.

I took some ibuprofen, but it didn't help much. The cup of coffee I had seemed to only worsen the pain.

Even though I've slept for over 10 hours, I still want to just close my eyes and sleep on this very couch, that I'm laying on right now.

I have the TV on. It's playing some comedy show. Half of the time, I don't know what's the audience laughs at.

It's so sunny outside. A perfect day for a walk, but I'm not in the mood. I've always loved taking walks on sunny days. They always uplifted my mood. But no matter how sunny today is it doesn't help my mood.

I have not heard anything from Austin since our fight. I'm glad I didn't. I don't have the energy to deal with him right now.

It's been two months since our fight.

During those two months, I thought about our relationship, how I changed everything in my life. There was this guilt inside of me, that had been there since before our fight. I felt guilty about how I treated everyone in my life. Most of all, I felt guilty about how I treated Luna, my best friend.

I've thought about visiting her, but I was too scared, that she'll shut the door in my face and tell me to get the hell out of there. And she'll have every right to do so. After all, I'm the one who ruined our friendship.

Pulling myself up from the couch, I decide, that I need to do something today. I've spent the last five days pitying myself. I can't do this forever.

• • •

Stepping into the cafe, the sweet scent of croissants greets. I love their smell.

Behind the counter is standing a young woman. Might be in her mid-30s. She's packing some pastries into a paper bag.

Walking up to the shelf filled with all sorts of sweets, I look over to see if they have chocolate croissants. I order one along with a cappuccino.

I pay for them and wait for my coffee.

As I'm waiting, I look around the shop, seeing a few people. Some are out on dates, some are doing work on their laptops, and others are just enjoying their coffee.

I like the atmosphere of this place. It has Parisian vibes. It's like you forget that you're in Seattle, and not in Paris.

The colors of the shop are white and brown-ish green. The furniture is not in modern style, it's classical, with beautiful patterns.