7

My leg is bobbing up and down

The hot leather's rubbing against my thighs in an almost painful way.

Today's unusually hot. It's around 95 degrees out here. It might as well be raining flames. I could feel the heat of the concrete under my feet through my low heel sandals.

I'm wearing a short white satin skirt with a matching top. I was planning to wear pants, but it's too hot for those.

I'm earlier than others. A lot earlier. I mixed up the time and got here almost an hour earlier, than I was supposed too.

I didn't even notice I was nervously playing with the hem of my skirt until someone flops down onto the couch a few seat away from me. I tear my eyes away from my phone, glancing at the person who sat down.

It's Mr. Rude Arrogant Ass, also known as Alexandre.

I don't greet him. I don't say anything to him. If he wants to be rude, then he'll get the same answer.

I go back to scrolling through my phone.

"Can't talk?" His deep voice annoys me. "Aren't they paying you to be nice to me?" I don't say anything, just keep my eyes on my phone. "So you are really fucking deaf, huh?" I can sense he is getting angry.

What's up with this guy? He gets angry so easily.

"I prefer not to talk to people who insult me." I say simply, not wanting him to throw a scandal in the middle of a hotel lobby, like he almost did last night.

I probably shouldn't talk to him like that, but he's not my boss, or at least I hope not.

A few minutes later, Mr. Anderson comes down, emerging from the elevator.

Thank fuck. I don't think I can't stand being alone with him any longer.

"So, tonight's the Award event I've told you you about, Alexandre. I hope you haven't forgotten about it." His scrutinizing move to Alexandre. After a few seconds, he continues. "After the short-lived appearance you've made yesterday, I expect a lot more from you. You have to make everyone believe you're together." His gaze flickers to me, eyes me from head to toe. "There's a stylist waiting for you in the room upstairs." He passes me a room key. "You'll have to look presentable." So they're all assholes. They're either too stupid to understand that their words are kind of hurtful or they're being hurtful on purpose.

"Okay." I say, getting up to take the key. I tuck it into the pocket of my skirt.

I think I am dismissed, because he doesn't say anything to me anymore, he just grabs Alexandre's elbow, who has also gotten up, and drags him to somewhere else.

Walking up to the golden elevator door with huge rectangular patterns on it, I press the black button next to it. A few seconds later, the huge doors opens up to the inside of the elevator. I can't get over how pretty this whole place is.