27

We're in Rome

We're in Rome.

The last city of tour.

We're once again back in a hotel, this time we're in separate rooms with no way for Alexandre to walk into my room.

I haven't talked to him after that one time at the beach. Well, we exchanged a few words, but I tried to keep it short. Only greetings and stuff like that.

I want to be fuck buddies with him, well except for the buddies. We're not buddies, more like acquaintances.

I'm sitting on the bedroom floor in front of the mirror on the closet, getting ready.

I'm in the mood for some eyeliner today. Haven't worn one since forever. I messed up a few times but finally got them even. Well, almost, but it'll do.

Moth To A Flame by The Weeknd is playing in the background.

I'm already dressed, wearing a short black dress. It tightly hugs my upper body and is loose from my waist and down. One of the dresses that the woman, who dressed me at that award show, gave me. Most of the stuff I wear out with Alexandre is the stuff I was given to wear. I can't lie. The clothes are pretty, I like them, but I don't like the way they make me feel. Like my clothes are not good enough like I'm not good enough. I know I'm hired to be here. We're not a real item, but it does affect my self-esteem.

I spray some perfume, before leaving the hotel room.

Alexandre is performing with his band today. Ecstasy's last concert of the tour.

Just as I close the door, Alexandre opens his and steps out.

He stops, his eyes raking up and down the length of my body. The dress reaches just under my ass, it's a really short dress.

He's wearing a loose, white, and blue striped shirt with a few top buttons undone and white linen pants. God, he looks hot.

"Hi," I say, being the first one to speak up.

"Hi," he says back, smiling back.

Another door opens. Eli steps out, stopping as he looks between us.

"You guys are okay?" He asks, confused.

"Yes," we say simultaneously.

"Then why are you standing here? We're late," he says. "Hurry," he gestures to the elevator.

Alexandre turns around and walks away, without saying anything. I follow them, trailing behind.

• • •

I'm at the backstage, grabbing a bottle of water from the mini-fridge next to the table of food, when Alexandre walks up to me.

He stands right in front of me, his chest just a few inches away from mine. He reaches his hand to grab a bottle too, leaning closer to me, his lips are just about to touch mine when he pulls away.

He takes off the cap and takes a sip, his eyes holding mine.

Once he's done, he places both of his hands on my waist, catching me off guard. This is the first he's done something like that in public, without it being for the cameras.

He looks down at my body, seeming to like what I'm wearing.

"Did you wear this for me?" He asks, smirking as his thumbs rub my sides.

"Maybe, I did," I say, smiling seductively at him, catching him off guard. This is the first time I reciprocated his advances, aside from that time at the club, but that down count because I was drunk.

"Hmm," he hums, "So you're in?" He asks, referencing to his proposal.

"Yes," I say, and add, "But it's nothing more. Only sex."

"Fine by me," he says, then captures my lips with his in a rough kiss. When he pulls away, he leaves me breathless. "Wait for me tonight," he says.

"So soon," I told my head, a smile playing on my lips.

"Yes," he just says, before pulling away and walking onto the stage.

Cheers erupt as the people see him. He turns his face to me, flashing me a smile before stepping forward onto the stage to his mic.

"How are you doing Rome?" He speaks into the mic. The crowd screams.

I stand at the edge of the backstage, almost on the stage, but not enough to be seen. I watch as he performs. He was born to be a performer. His has that rare charm, that not many possess.

The concert goes by a lot quicker than before. This time it's actually fun to watch him perform.

"Goodnight, Rome. Love you, always," he says, disappearing from the crowd, running backstage, breathless and sweaty.

Fuck. He's hot.

Desire pulls deep in my belly at the sight of him.

You've got to be blind to not admit that he's any woman's dream come true.

I feel eyes on me. My eyes wander behind Xander, only to find Mr. Anderson intently staring at me. I avert my eyes quickly due to the intensity of his gaze. I look back a second later, only to find him gone. What the fuck was that about?

 What the fuck was that about?

Third chapter in one day. Wow. I really am on fire haha