Chapter 14

Thick white scars in bite mark shapes has formed on my hands. I ran my forefinger over them, feeling the uneven skin beneath my touch. It was calming. They had taken weeks to heal and a lot of bandages from house elves. Lorie in particular was persistent with tending to them. Draco had hexed the front door as well. He didn't trust me to have free rein of the outside. He believed my plan was to escape, break his safe engagement and spread to the world he let his own 'fiancé' become an unregistered right under his nose.

I pushed myself out of bed, the heels of my hands pressing against the mattress. I reached for the nicest dress that i had kept folded on the shelf to avoid creased. I pulled it over my head an let the silk slide over my skin. I shuffled to adjust my dress as i looked in the mirror. My skin was eerily pale and every part of me seemed cold and bony like i was a step away from becoming a dementor. I pulled a brush through the tangled knots of my hair and left it to tumble over my shoulders. I dropped my eyes to the black mark staring back at me in the mirror. I ran my finger tips up my for arm, feeling the raise and burn of my skin. The door clicked and i instantaneously dropped my fingers, wrapping my entire hand around it instead.

" Miss Blair Potter," Lorie croaked. I smiled at the recognition of his voice and turned to face the elf. My eyes widen as i noticed the red slashes across his bony chest, his trembling hands that held a sliver try in one hand and a rectangular green box in the other. He offered the box as i walked forward. I took it from him and knelt in-front, reaching for the wounds that covered him.

" Lorie-?"

His hand stopped mine from touching and he curled my fingers into a fist. His large eyes fell on my arm, "The rumours are true. Lorie didn't want to believe..." He nodded toward the package in my hand . I noticed the hand written note on top, barely legible. It was tucked beneath a white ribbon the held the box shut. ' Happy Birthday Miss Potter. Love Lorie and the others.' " Lorie and the eleven saved every bit we had Because you Miss Blair Potter deserve it."

I took the lid from the box as Lorie watched anxiously his big eyes staring down at my hands as i unwrapped the tissue paper. I pulled out a pair of long black silk gloves and he urged for me to put them on. I slid my fingers in wriggling them to the ends before pulling them up my arm. They sat just above the crease of my elbow, covering my brand mark perfectly. " Thank you Lorie," i smiled, water bubbling to the surface of my eyes.

" Yours only Miss." His skinny fingers pointed to the top of the glove where my initials were embroidered in silver. I glanced at him, the corner of my lip twitching into a smile. He offered a hand to help me up from my knees and we left the room, the door remaining open. All the curtains were sealed shut, depriving the hall of even so much as a slither of sunlight. The hum of the heating was the only thing that could be heard throughout the manor, apart from the light footsteps of Lorie and I.

Draco and Scorpius were sat at one end of the table, two gifts and a card down the other end. I looked between them both, narrowing my eyes, suspicious of the fact he had remembered. A sly smirk slid onto his face as i eyed him up and took a seat. "Happy Birthday My Sweet Blair. You have gifts." I drew my attention to a purple box nearest to me and went to reach for it, before he grabbed my hand. " Ah, Ah, Ah."

He pulled a long thin box from underneath the table, his pale hands were wrapped tightly around it like he was about to regret giving it to me and letting it go. I yanked it from his grip, his ring catching the ribbon and pulling it off. The ribbon fell to the table and the box fell apart in my hands. A thin, long piece of woods clattered to the table and almost rolled off, but he caught it in two fingers and pushed it back in-front of me. I picked it up, holding it between my thumb and forefinger. My hands started to tremble as I realised the intricately designed piece of wood, was a wand.

A new wand.

Vines crept up the black handle and faded to a dark brown where flowers oddly speckled the middle and the tip was light, almost cream. It was beautiful. I loved my Mother's wand dearly, but this was extraordinary. However thoughts clouded my head and i slammed it down on the table, trapping it beneath my hand. Was this his form of an apology for breaking my original? Was this his way of making everything ok? I dug my nails into the table as he picked up my subtle hints of ungratefulness, his expression hardening as the wand slipped to the floor.

" Scorpius, please leave us to it. Go and find Lorie. tell him to clean upstairs." I chewed my bottom lip and he scurried out. Draco's eyes narrowed at set on me, burning deep into my skin. "The issue?"

"Why."

" Why not?"

" Why. You broke the last."

" You have potential to be great if you weren't naïve enough to become and unregistered."

I rolled my eyes. He wouldn't drop it. " Drop it Malfoy."

" You brother would be so disappointed."

" Burn," i seethed through gritted teeth, my hands clawing at the table to keep myself restrained. " You fucking sick bastard."

"Now Now my sweet Blair." His finger slipped under my chin, i tried to pull away but he caught my jaw, forcing me to look at his devilish glowing eyes. "Don't you love your husband to be?" His smirk grew wider like he knew his words were shooting me through every organ, allowing me to bleed out from the inside

" You love fucking Astoria," i retorted, failing yet again to pull my head away, only prompting his grip to tighten, until i could taste his finger tips in my cheeks.

" Maybe i do, but we can't let anybody know that can we now my sweet girl."

If i could of reached my wand i would of killed him right there and then.

" Liar." That was the only thing I could say before he threw my head away and instead brought his palm across my face, nicking my cheek. I felt the warmth of the running inside begin to trickle down my cheek and i caught the drip on my finger before it stained my skin. " Fucking Liar."

A/N- I  will start updating long chapters soon, once i get back into my writing. i'm sorry :))