12

❝ he walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire ❞ - T.M

Adonis sighed as he answered the last question in his exam. Sliding the paper towards the front of the desk, he leaned back against the chair. He glanced across the hall at Thea whose tongue was jutted out, her face extremely close to the desk.

Adonis smiled; thanks to finals being over and with Christmas Break around the corner, he could hopefully spend the holidays with 3 new friends, and maybe a potential lover. The year had gone so fast after he met the Allen's. The bond they had all formed was so strong, he didn't believe there was a time when he didn't know them.

Ares had turned out, not only as a player but gave great advice.

Thea, well Thea was Thea. She was still innocent, blushing, painfully kind Thea although she had grown more comfortable with their friend group including herself in more of their conversations.

As if she could read his thoughts, Thea turned blushing once she found his heated gaze on her. Adonis winked at her, turning in the order direction so she could finish her paper in time.

All the Eastbridge students had returned and Adonis was glad he had one less thing to worry about. Onyx was starting reception very soon and he was already panicking. They grow up so fast, he thought to himself.

Minutes passed as he aimlessly doodled on the working out paper they gave him. Finally, the bell rung dismissing them. He stood, stretching his tight muscles. He had gone to the gym for the first time with Asher the night before and his legs wouldn't stop shaking.

He was slightly concerned.

Leaving the room, he winced at the bright lights that filled the hallway. He had barely made one step out past the threshold when Ember and Thea came whizzing to his side, both groaning in frustration.

"I'm never doing this again", Ember whined, clutching at her head. "I'm not even sure there's anything for me to learn at this point".

"There's always something to learn", Thea backfired, pointedly staring at Ember.

Ember was studying at A-Grade level even going for a traineeship at the hospital her mother worked out. The group hadn't heard the last of her complaints and they always ended with her crying.

"It's just so tiring", she further complained coming to a sudden stop in the middle of the hallway bumping into the students behind her. They groaned, swearing at her but Ember ignored them her gaze transfixed on what was in front of her.

Ares was kissing a girl, that wasn't Katie, Nailah, or Sydney. Adonis didn't even know who it was this time. Thea placed a hand on her arm, bringing her back to them.

"Em-".

"I'm fine", she replied, sending them the fakest smile. She continued ahead, her eyes downcast nervously chewing on her bottom lip.

Adonis caught up to the pair, walking silently beside them. He didn't know why, but he felt obligated to say something. Anything. Maybe he was getting soft.

"Y-", he cleared his throat, "-ou know he likes you right?", Adonis asked glancing over her head to look at Thea who nodded fervently.

Ember scoffed. "Yeah right. But he has a different girl every week". Adonis stopped short. He didn't know how to respond to that and she was true. If he truly liked her, he would've put her feelings into consideration and not slept with every girl that threw themselves at him.

They turned the corner to find Leon and Asher this time. Asher was trying to get Leon off his back but Leon refused clutching onto his back like a lifeline.