4. Duets

"Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie."

"It really was just a matter of time." Liz stayed silent as Tina had just said exactly what she thought.

"What did he do?" Quinn asked from besides her.

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the from of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Mr. Schuester said, causing laughter from some of the kids.

"And when is he getting out?" Rachel worriedly asked gaining a weird look from Liz.

"He might be the dumbest person, and that's coming from me." "You're not dumb, Britt." Liz assured her.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy!"

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence." Finn argued.

"We can't look a this as... as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Mr. Schue tried to convince the kids.

"For what?" Liz began. "Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn finished.

"For welcoming our new members... Sam Evans and Theodore Hill!"

Liz quickly looked to the door straightening her back with a smile seeing Sam and Theo enter the room. "Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. Sam I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham." he introduced himself, while Theo just nodded towards the group, already knowing most of them through Liz or from the football team.

"Oh, wow, he has no game." Santana said, looking just at Liz knowing this was the Sam she had been talking about, earning a playful glare from Liz and Quinn.

Finn decided to cut the awkward silence standing up. "Okay. This is gonna be great. You're both not gonna regret joining. Sam, you can sit..." He stoped talking when Sam sat next to Liz and Theo next to Quinn. "Never mind." He muttered sitting back down, as Rachel patted his knee.

"All right. Question for the group. What's a duet?"

"A blanket." Britanny confidently said.

"A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage..."

Like he would know, Liz rolled her eyes and turned towards Sam.

"You joined!" She whispered. "And you even got Theo to join." Sam proudly smiled and rested his arm on the back of her chair. "Figured a club with you in it must be fun. Making Theo join was easy, he just needed small push." He said leaving out how much he had begged him for.

"Well I'm glad you're both here. And don't listen to Santana she's just messing around." With that she scooted closer to Sam and they both listened at Mr. Schue.

"So, this week, I want you to pair up and sing a duet." Both Liz and Sam looked at each other simultaneously, causing them to blush. " And since you guys all seemed to love out little "Defying Gravity" diva-off, I'm making this a competition. Dinner for two, on me, at Breadstix."

What no one seem to notice was that Kurt had his eyes set on the new guys, he just didn't know which one to ask.

Sam was at his locker waiting for Liz since they both had a free period and always spent that one together outside, when Kurt approached him.

"Hi. I'm Kurt Hummel." Sam shook his hand. "I wanted to personally welcome you to the Glee Club."

"Thanks." He responded quietly noticing the weird look Kurt was giving him.

"Just tell me."  Noticing the confused look Sam was giving him, he continued. "Look, maybe at your old school, you could get away with the whole 'I stayed in the sun all summer' excuse, but I have three gifts: My voice, my ability to spot trends in men's fashion and my ability to know when it comes from a bottle."