13. Heart

"Your assignment for Valentine's week is to find and perform the world's greatest love songs." Sam and Liz looked at each other with wiggling eyebrows. "Now, Regionals is next week and we still need to raise $250 for costumes and hair spray."

"Oh, god. Not another bake sale." Kurt muttered with a sigh.

"If any student gives ten dollars, we will sing these 'world's greatest love songs' to their valentine." Mr. Schue explained. "We will serenade each classroom-"

"No!" Everyone yelled... everyone besides Rachel.

"Two years ago, we went room to room Christmas caroling. They threw food." Tina explained to the newest members.

"And shoes." Mike added.

"No one is throwing anything at our faces, we just had our monthly facials done." Liz stated making Quinn, Sugar, Kurt and Mercedes to eagerly nod.

Mr. Schue nodded to Sugar, who had raised her arm. "Here's a spoonful of Sugar for you all.Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff when you're rich." She stood up not before sending a wink to Liz's direction, who blew a kiss back to her. "So, here you go." She handed money to Mr. Schue.

"Uh, Sugar. I can't take that-" "Take it!" Kurt interrupted.

"Okay." He grabbed the money Sugar was shaking in front of his face. "Everyone, give it up for Sugar for paying for our FinalNez and cumberbunds!" 

"I love the sound of applause, even if I have to buy it."

"Okay, everyone! Look under your chairs." Sam reached down and grabbed his and Liz's chocolates box, giving her hers. "Except you, Artie. Your chair kept moving, so I hid your surprise in the wastebasket."

"I found mine ten minutes ago." Puck said, he's mouth and parts of his cheeks covered in chocolate, noticing the judging looks from the 'Twister Sisters', as Rachel had often called them.

"V-Day is my fave day ever." Sugar stated. "And to help me celebrate, my daddy's throwing me a huge party at Breadstix. And I'm naming it the 'Sugar Schack'."

"Genius." Liz commented as she ate a white chocolate truffle.

"I know." Sugar sent her a smile. "And drumroll, Rachel... you're all invited!" Everyone cheered. "But you have to bring a date, no single people allowed. They're sad and boring and they don't exist in my world."

"Uhm, but you're single." Mercedes pointed out.

"Not for long."

After the doorbell rang, the couple stood up and walked slowly to Liz's locker as she swung their interlocked hands.

"You sure you don't wanna join the 'God Squad'?" Sam asks for, what Liz's thinks is, the 100th time. 

"As tempting as it sounds, no." Liz sarcastically smiled, closing her locker, before her usual smile replaced the latter and wrapped her arms around Sam's torso. "Besides, if we're both in the group, we can't sing to each other."

"True." Sam sighed, bringing her closer to him, before smiling and softly kissing her. "Are you free after school?"

"Uh... no. I'm hanging out with Enzo, sorry." She winced, with a guilty smile.

"Oh." Sam leaned slightly away, so he could see her whole face and smiled. "That's okay. We have the whole week, just remember the 14th is reserved for me."

Liz's face relaxed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. "Just for you." 

Sam smiled back before leaning in, capturing her lips in his, feeling the usual butterflies in his stomach he always felt when he was with her.