Chapter 8

The whole night, after he sobered up of course, Niall thought about Maddie. They texted for a while until around 3am when Maddie fell asleep. He completely understood now he found out about her family. Although she wanted no pity from him, he couldn’t help but feel sorry for her situation and how hard he was making it for her too. Was that one of the reasons why he asked her out? I mean she isn’t exactly his ‘type’ and his father would be most horrified if he ever found out.

 ---

Maddie ran into the mansion, breathing heavy and panicking only to be greeted by a very annoyed Linda.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry I’m late.” Her hair was scruffy and small bags hung from under her eyes. “I sleep late and I had to sort the others out-‘’ She rambled. “It won’t happen again” The only reaction she got was a roll of the eyes from the middle aged woman and she slammed a silver can of polish in her hands along with a cloth. A sigh of relief left her lips and she turned around only to see Niall smirking.

“I blame you” She smiled, moving into the kitchen.

“Hey you didn’t have to spend the night texting me” He grinned, remembering the conversations that included confessing embarrassing memories and goals.

“Oh you were very persistent” Maddie replied, starting to clean the counter tops.

“Can’t you do that later and come spend some time with me?” He asked, wrapping his arms around her.

“You know I can’t” She looked left to right “Be careful we can’t get caught” She whispered. Without hesitation he kissed her softly. “Now let me finish this and then I’ll come see you” She grinned.

He sarcastically sighed and smiled at her before leaving her to do her job. As he jumped upstairs his phone rang. Sean.

“Hey mate”

“Nialler! Im on my way over” He reminded him of their plans. “Is that girl of yours their? I missed her at the party” He could feel him smirking through the phone.

“Yeah she’s here. Shes scared of getting caught by my father and getting fired though.” He explained, laughing slightly.

“Seems a bit too good for you, lad”

“Nah just wait ‘til I’m finished with her”

That evening, as Maddie was grabbing her jacket Niall came back in through the door. “Where are you off?” His accent was thick like usual and making her slowly melt.

“Home…”

“No” He laughed “You promised me”

“But its late...and your father...and my siblings” She sighed, trying not to look into his blue orbs. But as she said before he was persistent and started pulling her up the stairs. “Ni” She laughed.

“Come on Mads, just an hour and I’ll drive ya home later”

“Maybe I should call Isabel…”

“Come on, Princess. Shes a big girl she’ll work it out” He turned back to face her. “Unless you don’t want to spend time with me?” He faked a sad look and stared at her eyes, knowing the affect.

“…one hour”

 One hour turned into two which turned into three. Being as quiet as she could, Maddie sneaked into her flat yet everyone was still up.

“Guys what are you doing up?” She sighed, throwing her jacket on the hook.

“Waiting for you, Maddie!” Poppy grinned as she ran over to hug her.

“Where have you been?” Isabel asked, sounding not impressed one bit.

 “I got caught up a work” She lied. Before Isabel could argue back, Maddie rushed into her shared bedroom.

“Why don’t you like Niall?” Lewis asked her, playing with his car toys in front of the TV.

“He’s going to hurt her”

 Hey! Just a quick chapter because im very busy with school and stuff! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment, teling me what you thought!