Chapter 5: No luck

August

If my mother was a color she would be brown. Neutral as brown sugar, sweet but bland. She cares but barely ever smiles. The truth is she's just been through a lot. But nobody ever sees that from one glance.

Truthfully she means a lot to me.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Bakugou's pov

Flashback (February)

"I love this song!" He smiled brightly

"It's sad though."

"Doesn't mean I can't love it."

"But you shouldn't smile to a sad song."

"I can relate to it though."

"So? Shoto it's even worse that you relate to it." I laughed

"I can smile since I relate, you can't because you don't."

"You shouldn't relate to this when it's about dying."

"I'm dying inside! Don't hate about my feelings."

"Everyone is dying slowly."

"Some people more, like me." He looked in the mirror

He's always said these crazy things. Like he doesn't want me to get attached. But it's basically impossible for me not to.

The only thing I want to do is be with him. He won't ever understand since he doesn't think anyone wants to be with him. Some days he says that he has proof but never says it.

"How do I look?"

"It's just you practicing your dance, your outfit doesn't have to look wonderful."

"I want to look nice. I'm going to have to dress nice on stage so might as well now."

"You always look beautiful."

"Thank you. I can't wait till September!"

"I'll be watching you, so you better not get nervous."

"That just makes me more nervous!"

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

My heartbeat started beating louder as I walked closer. Shoto could just open the door and everything be okay.

I knocked on the door, the only sound was a buzzing sound. It was really faint but bothering.

I was about to knock again when the door cracked open. A lady with white hair peered out.

"What can I do for you?" His mother asked

"I'm Katsuki Bakugou, is Shoto here?"

She took a second to reply," He's at his Aunt's house."

"Oh, well he hasn't been answering any of my calls so I was worried."

"Shoto is fine! He doesn't want to talk to you so leave!"

"Can you just tell me-"

She was giving me a glare that made me feel small like an ant. I'm much taller but she still scared me.

Suddenly I was pushing backwards and tripped on the concrete. My head hit the grass below me.

"If you don't leave something worse will happen!"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You better hurry up."

"What would happen?"

"Enji will make things worse!"

I remember Shoto saying that's his father. But I don't understand why he's so afraid of him. Even his mother seems to know he's a threat.

"When Shoto comes back tell him I tried to visit."

She nodded and walked back inside. My eyes wondered around trying to think of a way to find him.

But I have no proof that he's in trouble. What his mother says is that he's safe. My gut says that truly I need to see it for myself.

Dark clouds started to cover the sun. It's probably going to rain soon. Those days were always the best when he was here.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Thanks for reading and voting! Honestly I'm thinking this story will be pretty long. Maybe over 40 chapters at the rate I'm going. So I might take longer coming out with chapters so it's less than 40.