Chapter 34

Outside the hotel, I grab a cab and tell him to go to the Hall of Mirrors. Without another word, the man driving the taxi sets off.

I watch as familiar building pass and memories flood in. But, I pay them no mind.

Then, I close my eyes and remember how Jacob held me in my bed at nights at home. And I imagine his arms around me and that I lay my head on his chest.

I feel like he's here so badly, I even smell him. This is where I should be. But, I'm not. I'm going to my certain death.

But, I think of Jacob the whole way there. I'm with the love of my life now and always, even if he's not here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally make it to the abandoned building outside of town. I step out of the taxi and look at the building as the taxi drives away. The building is one big building and it's just one huge room, full of mirrors.

It was used for a lot of things, I don't know more than an amusement building, but now it isn't used for anything.

Except for my most certain death.

I take three breathes, my eyes closed, before I open my eyes and walk inside.

It's just how I remember it. Mirrors cover the walls and ceiling, and everything except for the floor and the windows.

"Well, you actually came." says a voice from right behind me.

I turn around to see Isabel. She's wearing a white sleeveless tank top, a black leather jacket, black tights, and black ballet flats. She's still terrifyingly beautiful.

"Of course I did." I say to her. "I would anything to keep my family safe."

"Oh, how sweet." says Klaus as he walks behind me, I hear his footsteps. "You sacrifice yourself for them. That is truly heroic."

I turn to see Klaus, who has a smirk on his lips. He's wearing black tennis shoes, dark blue jeans, and a black long sleeved shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looks handsome in an evil way.

"I don't care if you think what I'm doing is heroic, I'm here so you two leave my family alone." I snap.

He just keeps on smirking. And walking to me, a look in his eyes that makes me want to run right now. But, I can't, I feel like I'm stuck.

"Your family or one wolf in particular?" Klaus asks.

My thoughts go back to Jacob and I clench up. "Both." I growl.

Isabel chuckles. "You called it, Klaus." she says to her brother.

"Called what?" I ask her, still looking at Klaus.

"That you and that wolf, that held you so badly, are in love. And by the look of the way I'm mentioning it, he's your first love." Klaus explains.

"Leave Jacob out of this!!" I snap angrily, almost shouting.

"What? I'm trying to explain to you something." Klaus says, coolly.

"Explain what?"

"That he's your first love... and I intend to be your last. However long it takes."

I stand there, shocked. Klaus is in love with me?! But, I love Jacob and I always will.

"Well, you better move on. Because I won't stop loving him. And you can't make me."

"Fair enough. But, I can make HIM stop loving YOU." he says, smirking even more now.

"How..." I trail off as I figure it out.