Chapter Four

Elena's POV

I couldn't go back to sleep after I woke up from my dream. I got dressed for school about two hours from when I was supposed to wake up.

I'm now dressed in dark blue skinny jeans, brown knee length boots, and a silky green bottom up shirt. I have my hair in a Katniss Everdeen braid hairstyle. I really look like Katniss because of my long bangs that always go on the right side of my face.

After I get ready for the day, I sit on my bed and stare at the drawing I made. I colored it in to make him seem more realistic.

He is so handsome. I look at his picture so much that I'm pretty sure I've burned his face into my mind. I would recognize him easily if I saw him walking down the street.

I go downstairs with my stuff to the kitchen. I madwe breakfast for me and my family, pancakes.

I'm beginning to pile them on a plate when I hear a wolf's howl!

It howls with such intensity and protectiveness, it's almost like there's a threat to its pack.

It makes me feel.........worried. Which is weird.

Then, I hear someone come into the kitchen. I look and see Seth and Leah come in.

"Did you hear that?" I ask them, because I swear, those two will sleep through anything.

"Yeah, you'll be hearing more of those howls." Leah says, walking towards me.

"How come you're up?" Seth asks me, following Leah.

"School. How come you guys are up?" I ask them, since they don't have school.

"School." Seth answers, casually.

My mom (Amy) used to call it my superpower, I can tell when someone's lying to me, and Seth is lying to me. A terrible liar, but he is lying nonetheless.

Deciding to let this pass, I look at the time. I have fifteen minutes to get to school and it takes ten minutes to get there.

"Here, take some pancakes!" I tell my new siblings so they don't do whatever they have to do on an empty stomach.

They go out the door with a pancake in each hand. Where they put all the food they eat, I'll never I'm know.

"Thanks, Lena! Love ya!" they tell me before the door closes.

"Love you guys too!" I say back. I quickly eat, get out a piece of paper, and a pen. I write to my parents:

I made you guys breakfast, hope you like them. Wish me luck on my first day! ~Love, Elena

I run upstairs, brush my teeth, run back downstairs, grab my stuff and my keys, and run out the door.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I get to school with five extra minutes. I get my schedule and my locker combo. 14-12-8.

Pretty easy, yay for me. I open my locker and start to organize it.

"Hey, you're Elena Swan, right?" says the guy who's locker is next to mine.

Why do I feel like Dad must've said a few things at work? Smiling, I turn to look at the guy.

"Yeah." I say, putting my Biology book next to the Health book.

He smiles back, kindly. "I'm Ian Newton. Your older sister, Bella, knows my older brother, Mike." he introduces himself.