Chapter 25

Elena's POV

I woke up to see that Jacob wasn't there any more. Instead, there was a note.

I had to leave before you woke up, because Leah almost caught us. I'm sorry. I'll be back tonight.

-Jacob

I smiled and put the note in my dresser.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Morning

"Do you have to go to school?" Jacob asked, using his kinda puppy dog begging face.

"Some of us HAVE to go to school, you know." I answered, not moving from where I was.

Jacob's right arm was hooked around my waist, slightly hoisting me on top of him, while his free hand intertwined with my right hand, my left arm hooked around his waist, and my head rested on his chest, listening to his drum-like heartbeat.

His hand let go of mine just to brush my bangs out of my eyes and tuck it behind my ear.

"Play hookie for once in your life." he said after doing so.

"I can't. If I do, the whole family will be suspicious."

He groaned softly as he tilted his head back, then brought it back to look at me.

He tapped my nose lightly with his index finger.

"You know you're torturing me, right?" he asked.

I smirked at him.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

We both got up and after kissing me on the cheek, he jumped out of the window.

I got dressed in a dark green V-neckline tank top, dark blue skinny jeans, my brown leather boots, and a dark brown leather jacket (it's not mine, it's Jacob's, he left it here and he wore it last night). And my hair was down.

Inhaling Jacob's scent from his jacket, I started my day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to the school pretty early, so I looked to see if any of my friends were here.

"Hey, Elena!" Danny's voice called from behind me.

Daniel and Maggie were talking to two people I'd never seen before.

A boy and a girl.

I walked over to them.

"Hey, guys!" I said once I reached them.

"Hey! Len', this is Melanie Snyder and Jason Michaels. Guys, this is Elena Swan, the Chief's daughter." Maggie introduced us.

"Mel is my cousin, who's moved from Colorado. And Jason's just moved here from Alaska." Daniel said.

Melanie was very beautiful.

She had naturally straight strawberry blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and pale fair skin. She was wearing a dark green tank top under a sleeveless tight brown leather jacket, dark blue skinny jeans, and dark brown slightly heeled cowboy boots.

Jason was also very good looking.

With his messy wind swept hair that was the color of cinnamon, his perfect lightly tanned skin, also his perfectly built body that wasn't too thick and wasn't too thin, his slightly full lips that were a perfect shade of pale red, and his strange golden brown eyes.

I've only seen those kind of eyes from the Cullens. And no human could look that perfect.

It was pretty obvious.....

Jason was a vampire.

But, he wasn't dangerous, I could tell because of his eyes. If he was dangerous, not only would the Cullens have taken him and talked with him, but his eyes would be difficult to hide because they would be a dark crimson, instead of a golden brown.

Later, the whole gang met Melanie and Jason, and we started our day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of us girls decided that we were going to have a girls day after school.

We all called our parents and they said, 'Yes'. And we decided that we were going to go in Maggie's car.

So, by the time school ended for the day, there was only person that didn't know about my plans.

And he was waiting for me at my car......

"Hey, Jake!" I said as I got to my car.

He changed his clothes. He was wearing a tight black short sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and black running shoes.

"Hey, beautiful." he replied as he hugged me.

We pulled back, but we were still in each other's arms.

"Listen, Jake, the girls and I are gonna have a girls day out." I said.

He sighed.

"Which means that you won't be back for a while." he said.

I nodded.

"But, while I'm gone, you can take my car for a drive." I chimed.

He looked a little bit happier.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I answered as I gave him my keys. "Just don't go and find a prettier girl."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek before saying:

"Never gonna happen."

He gave me one last squeeze, then got in my car and drove away.