Ch. 12

3rd pov

"I said you are out of the crew!" law yelled again as Serbia cried fake tears.

"why?!"

"one. You destroy most of our stuff, two, you tried to kill (y/n), and three, you broke her stuff! What did she ever do to you anyway?!"

"she's higher than me, okay?! She's the heart of the resistance! If I kill her then I will-"

"what?! Gain that power?! She left because of your attitude. All of you! Her parents even set her off! That resistance fell because of your crroked mind! If you don't leave by the next island, I'm going to throw you into the ocean. Keep her in a cage and make sure she doesn't escape." law growled.

"he's right, Serbia... You should leave. Not only you cause us more trouble, but you even tried to kill one of us. If you killed her, then... What? You'll kill all of us?" shachi asked in disgust.

"do as I said. I'm going to check up on (y/n)..." law sighed as he left.

Law knocked on her door softly as (y/n) hoarsely asked who's there

"law... It's me, law..." he sighed as (y/n) said nothing

"I'm coming in, is that alright?" law asked

"s-sure...." (y/n) mumbled as law entered and saw her just by her bed, the pillows on the ground while the lights shone sadly.

Law sighed as he closed the door behind him and locked it before walking over to her and sat beside her.

She hugged her knees close to her chest as her head hid in it.

Law sighs softly before placing an arm around around her and pulling her close

"how are you feeling...?" law softly asked as he stared at the wall opposite of him.

"I'm... Not fine..." (y/n) shakily answered.

"shh... Come here... Let me comfort you, can I?" law smiled softly as (y/n) nodded and scooted over next to him.

She uncurled herself and buried her faced in his neck as she sat on his lap while he stroke her hair gently.

"there there, it's alright..." law pulled her closer as she placed one hand in his shoulder.

"thanks... Captain, I appreciate it" (y/n) laughs softly...

"you can call me 'law' from now on..." law said as (y/n) nodded.

"okay, law..." (y/n) hummed

"(y/n)-ya, how are you feeling now?" he asked

"I'm fine... A little, but at least a bit lighter than before..."

"good, that's good, just know that I'm always here for you, okay?"

"okay..." she mumbled as law smiled before hugging her close.

"law... I never had the chance to say this but, you're a great captain... You take care of your crew, straiten them when they get out of line... Vouch for them... You're great" she hums softly making him chuckle almost silently.

"thanks... So are you, you're a great friend... You helped others just as they needed the help and you didn't even need them to pay you..." law sighs

"that's a friend, isn't it?"

"then we're friends?"

"mhm... If that's okay with you"

"it's perfectly fine..." law chuckled as she giggled.

'he's so kind...' (y/n) thought before slowly closing her eyes.

"(y/n)? Oh... You're asleep, okay..." law hummed

Timeskip (about 7 or 8 months later)

Serbia is now out of their lives, shachi is the cook and since Phil gave them a book he personally wrote for them, he learned how to cook himself.

At first he was... Very.... You know, but as he understood the abbreviations on the book, he understood.

Phil talked in a... 'ancient' manner like... 'three millennia' instead of 'three cups' which is odd because Phil seemed to say it just fine.

Shachi actually had to ask (y/n) about it to which she just taught it to him happily.

But what is noticeable is law and (y/n)'s relationship...

They seemed to be more... You know, happy... With being around each other.

The crew noticed that law seemed to be softer around (y/n), and smiled a lot, laughed a lot.... Just himself a lot...

It turned out that law and (y/n) clicked in the medical field (y/n) studied in!

So most of the time, (y/n) and law are talking about science or medical stuff... Or 'rarely', law flirting with (y/n) but it was barely acknowledged by (y/n) since she's oblivious.

He tries his best though...

Then one day, shachi fell sick because of all that playing in the rain thing.

Penguin laughed at him before sneezing and actually caught a fever as well.

Poor unfortunate souls.

Law chuckled as (y/n) giggled at the two of them.

"I can cook" (y/n) said as law hummed

"mind if I join you? You can teach me as well, you know?"

"sure! Let's go then!" (y/n) grabbed law by the hand and left with him to the kitchen.

(y/n) grabbed two aprons and gave one to law.

"what do you wanna cook?" law asked as he puts on the apron

"hmm... Since we're in a cold place now and shachi-san with penguin-San sick... Let's make some soup..." (y/n) hummed

"but which one?" law asked as he placed himself behind her while she leaned against the counter and turning page to page from the cooking book.

Her ass was perked up a bit as he took the chance to push himself against her with both hands on either side of her

"how about this? Unity soup? My father used to it make it when I was a kid, I know how to cook this?" (y/n) hummed.

"what're the ingredients?" law asked

"very nutritious, some bamboo shoots, vegetables, potric chilis, and-"

"potric chili? What's that?" law asked

"it's a type of chili that's sweet but kinda spicy,"

"do we have that?" law asked as he removed himself from behind her and checked the cupboards

"it's here law" (y/n) brought it up, it looked like a normal chili but it was bright yellow.

"oh. Is that it?"

"yep. And the right taste to" (y/n) took a bite.

"woah! What the heck?!" law said.

"what? Try it, it's not that spicy" (y/n) said as she offered it to him

"are you sure?"

"yeah..."

Law hesitantly bit into it and she was right, not that spicy, and not that sweet... Just balanced

"it tastes like one of those sweet and spicy dishes... Why?" law asked

"it's a potric chilli"