chapter 1

Chapter 1

"... his body is rejecting the fluids." I heard talking in the room. There were voices I've never heard before. It seemed like they were speaking in a different language. One I've never even heard of. An alien language but for some reason, I was able to understand them.

I had no idea why or how but I had a sinking feeling it had something to do with the sharp needle that was being injected into the side of my head, near my temple.

Now I would've screamed out in pain because it felt like whatever they were injecting was setting my brain on fire, but I was too groggy and weak. The only thing I was capable of was softly groaning and shifting lightly to show my discomfort.

"It will be over soon." I heard a soft comforting female voice sound from above me. She was trying to comfort me while she set my brain on fire.

"This one didn't make it." I heard a loud male voice sound. He was probably on the other side of the room judging from how far away his voice sounded.

"This one is fine. Seems to have mild discomfort." The female answered, hands unmoving. Mild was putting it lightly. She only said that because I wasn't able to voice my pain yet.

"That one is the last of them?" Another female asked. Her voice was a bit louder than the one holding me. I heard a few footsteps crossing the room. It seems these people were interested in me and my reaction to the liquid they injected my brain with.

The grogginess was starting to fade along with the pain in my body. The only pain left was mild and it was probably the liquid. I guess the pain settles down once it's been fully injected.

"Any pain?" I heard the female with the soft voice ask. I kept my eyes closed and wearily brought my hands to my temples and rubbed them for a few minutes before deciding to answer.

"No. Where am I? And what the hell did you inject my brain with to make it hurt so damn bad?" I mumbled annoyance clear in my weak and shaky voice. I heard them start whispering to one another softly. It seemed like they didn't expect this reaction.

"What did you feel?" I heard the male voice ask firmly yet gently. They acted as if I was made of glass and they have never seen me before.

"My brain felt like it was on fire but as soon as she took out the needle the pain in my head settled down," I answered weakly. I rubbed my eyes to try and let them adjust to the bright lights overhead.

"Maybe that's what killed the other 4 subjects." I heard the louder female whisper. She probably meant for only them to hear but I had sensitive ears and my hearing was way above the average human's.

"What other four?" I asked strength coming back into my voice. It didn't hold as much authority because I was still very weak and groggy but it was enough to make my intentions known.

"What do they call your kind?" The male asked ignoring my previous question. I was about to snap at him but I stopped myself so I could calmly assess the situation I was in.

It was clear I wasn't on earth anymore. I knew this because of the way these people were talking. The sound of their voices gave it away. Not to mention the liquid setting my brain on fire. No one on earth had invented that yet and I hoped to God that no one ever did.

"Human," I answered simply opening my eyes slowly, blinking several times so I could let them adjust. Once they did I heard several hums of approval.

"How are you feeling?" The male asked. I glanced around me to see I was in some sort of lab or doctor's clinic. It was probably a mix of the two. But when my eyes landed on the tall turquoise beings standing above me my eyes widened drastically.