chapter 4

Chapter  4

"Hypothesis: His species are social creatures. Need companions." He noted as she typed. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, my kind live in great numbers," I answered calmly.  I was annoyed but I made sure to keep my rude tone out in case they decided to leave me alone.

"That's that then. He's ready for sale." She said cheerily as she put away her tablet. I looked down and shook my head in surrender.

"Good. Though we still need to make a serum. In case he's not threatened anymore." The male Ina doctor Fran said as they walked out. Once they were out of sight I growled and snarled at the door. Only to be shocked. I fell limp in Silliyia's arms panting out of breath. I was in too much pain to even scream.

"Hey. Jace. Wake up." I heard Silliyia trying to get me to say something or even move. It was true these things weren't only for show.

"Is he going to be ok?" I heard Linvia ask worried as he and Vraun slowly crept up.

"I don't know. These brands on him electrify his blood cells. They must consider him very dangerous.  They're probably going to keep him in captivity rather than sell him to a personal buyer." Silliyia commented. I shook my head no, catching their attention.

"He said he is already going to bring me to someone and he's coming with me. He said it's too dangerous to leave me alone. I know how to adapt and hide myself from other doctors. He said it's better to have him by my side to keep me docile." I explained leaning up against Silliyia. I winced grabbing my head. "He basically knows when I get a chance ima slaughter every single one of them. And unless they have a doctor who knows how to deal with me, from day 1, it's too dangerous for anyone to buy me."

"You're going to the king then," Vraun said frowning. He was still shielding Linvia. He didn't trust me much. Too bad for him since he's coming along.

"You don't like them?" I asked curiously. He shook his head. I smiled sadly. Silliyia caught on immediately and frowned down at me. I pressed my lips in a thin line and nodded my head.

"Why?" He asked frowning.  Vraun and Linvia were oblivious though and I was honestly thankful for that.

I shook my head. I wasn't answering. I looked down. It was obvious in my eyes. I didn't want to be lonely. And I already bonded with them.

"So that's how they're controlling you?" Silliyia asked. He sighed heavily after I nodded slowly answering his questions silently.

"They're smarter than I give them credit for. Luckily they only figured out half of me. They may hypothesize about what I look like but that's all they know." I mumbled quietly. They frowned. "My looks are deceiving."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Vraun questioned with a frown. He was shielding Linvia from me.

"It means do not bother with how I look, in either form. My abilities aren't limited." I mumbled sinking further into Silliyia. He was warm and I was cold. Feeling me shiver he enveloped me in his arms tighter.

"You're shivering," Linvia said watching me. He tried to get passed Vraun but he wasn't having it. Not with my threatening presence earlier, nor my threat to the doctors.

"He'll be fine. I got him." Silliyia said nodding to the others. I heard footsteps coming our way making me sigh in annoyance.

"What's wrong now?" I growled out frowning. I watched the male doctor come in with Lola and a few guards, four of them to be precise. Fran the male Ina doctor nodded his head and gestured towards us. I immediately knew why they were here.

"We are transferring ships," Fran explained watching me closely. "Little non-human what is your name?"

"It's Jace," I said strongly. Fran waved a needle in the air when I forced a strong aura. He made sure I backed down.

"Ok. Grab the non-human, the scarra over there, the Kumala holding the non-human, and the Kenail sitting with the scarra." Fran the male doctor said pointing to each of us. He looked to me one last time and nodded. "It'll take us a few hours once we transfer ships to get to our destination."

"Will it hurt?" I asked curiously. I had to make sure the others would be comfortable or else they would be mad at me.

"Not unless you behave." He answered as we each got picked up. The others were fighting, and by others, I mean linvia and vraun.

"Relax," I said looking over to them as the guard carried me out the door. I saw vraun glare at me but stayed quiet. He listened very reluctantly though. I assume he hated taking orders. He'd rather be giving them.

We walked through hallways and down corridors and finally ended up in a room with 3 cages. It was for the others guaranteed. There to threaten me. When the others were set down in there and the cages shut I was sat down on the floor near, in between them and the exit.

We were already on the other ship meaning we were one step closer to my new owner. Degrading. It's the only thing that crosses my mind when I think about my situation.

"Remember the consequences. Behave and you'll be rewarded." Fran said as he and the other doctors along with the four guards left the room locking it.

"Jace. Get us out of here." Linvia begged. I glanced away from him. I had to ignore him. It was the only for sure way of bringing him along. Eventually, the 4 of us could escape.

"He can't," Silliyia said calmly. "Dont bother him. He's being threatened." He explained.  When the other two heard that their eyes widened slightly.

"What? How?" Vraun asked frowning. He was staring at me I could feel it in the back of my head.

"You're not going to get hurt are you?" Linvia asked worriedly. It was sweet how caring he was.

"It's us." He said simply. Vraun was confused. Of course, questioning it. But then again he was very sharp as well.

"He's using us against him. If he doesn't behave we get hurt right alongside him." Silliyia told them. He was only half right. He knew if he told them that I was in behaving so they could come with me, they'd be angry with me. Silliyia probably wouldn't but I know vraun would be.

"What do we have to do with him?" Vraun growled. Yup. Just as I expected. He was angry. "And why does he care? We don't even know what he is."

"What I am is a siren. I can kill you by sound alone." I said frowning over at him. He calmed down hearing some information about me. Information that he could use against me. Meaning I had to trust him.