chapter 5

Chapter 5

Just when I thought I had a break from the alien scientist doctors for a while, since we "transferred ships" as they say, I heard footsteps fast approaching the room the four of us were sat in. It was what seemed to be an empty viewing room half the size of the one that we were placed in before.

"Little one, we have a few questions." The female, Lola, said as she entered the room through the glass door of the glass wall or what seemed like it. It felt harder than steel but it was clearer than any window that I've seen on earth. Frowning I turned my back on my new furry alien companions.

"What?" I snapped harshly only to wince as a mild shock went through my body. I hissed in pain. I felt myself wanting to growl as the pain electrified my every cell but withheld it so the pain could go away. I was really getting sick of these bands they were placing on me. It was annoying for one, painful for two, and degrading. My kind wasn't meant to be held captive as a pet or some type of alien circus animal.

"We have got news that the intergalactic spacecraft two that we have transferred to has three other humans aboard." She said in the nicest possible tone completely ignoring my hostility. I rolled my eyes. Thought they said no more captures from earth. "Would you mind them coming along?"

"No. Though I am curious. I thought you guys said you didn't want any more captives from my planet?" I decided to voice my questions. I crossed my arms and internally growled at her for ignoring my question. She just nodded and turned away from me to wave in the guards and the other Ina doctors that were hiding outside a few feet away from the glass window just barely out of view.

My eyes widened drastically as I saw them. The other humans curled up in three separate cages looking scared. I almost wanted to laugh at how naïve these people were. They weren't collared, just sitting in a metal cage that looks weak enough for me to break with a half shift.

"We found them in the system in the list of pets recently captured by spacecraft two," Fran said loudly as the red alien guards placed them on the opposite side of the room side by side. They looked to be sleeping, though I know that's a lie. It was probably just a ruse to keep the Ina doctors from asking questions.

I hissed out at why I didn't think of doing that. The collar must've taken that as a threat because it again sent a mild shock of electricity once again through my bloodstream activating every pain receptor in my cells.

"We decided it was best to keep you all in the same viewing room. We have recently put a notice out there for the other space crafts in the Milky Way galaxy to avoid capturing any more chameleon-type shifters from your planet." He explained as he glanced between me and them watching for any sign of recognition. To which if he saw at first, and he did, he would've noticed that I knew them. "Thankfully you four are the only live captives left from your planet. There was a third spacecraft but the 5 captives died. You are all that's left. Which we are glad for. We don't need any other chameleon shifters aboard."

"If they survived the serums means they aren't human either are they doctor Fran?" The female Ina doctor stated as she walked over to them, kneeling down to study them up close, not aware of the danger she was putting herself in. My gasp was barely audible but loud enough for every creature to hear. There was a single twitch of the male in the cage on the right closest to her. That signaled that he was going to lunge.

"Watch out!" I heard the guard closest to her yell yanking her by her hair just out of reach of the male in the cage. If that guard was a second later she would've lost her life. My eyes widened at the realization.

The male on the right was also a Siren but of different waters. That meant he might be even more aggressive depending on the temperature of the water. The colder ones usually are more aggressive than the warm water sirens. It was mainly because they have to fight hard for their food, as food is scarce.