6. This is Real

That night, Shoto allowed you to stay the night in his penthouse; not only did he allow you to, he insisted. That night, he couldn't stop apologizing to you.

He promised you that the future would have so much in store for the two of you. He never left your side. At this very moment you couldn't wrap your head around how this all had transpired.

The next morning, Shoto woke up before you. There was a cup of coffee and some grits and sausage waiting for you on the nightstand adjacent to your bed.

Finally, he decided it was time to wake you, doing so by opening the blinds, letting the light shine through the room. You let out a muffled complaint, shifted to the other side of his bed, back facing the window.

"Good morning, (F/N)," Shoto softly spoke, "I made you a doctor's appointment for about two hours from now. I made you some breakfast so you don't go in on an empty stomach,"

You slowly sat up, letting out a yawn and ruffling your messy hair. "Do I have to leave so early?" You groaned aloud, your fingers reaching out to the plate that he had prepared for you.

"We're going together," He corrected you, sitting down at the edge of the bed, careful not to sit on your toes. "We have to make sure the little guy is doing okay in there. I was thinking maybe we could do some Christmas shopping after?"

You took a bite out of the sausage, letting the juices fill your mouth. You closed your eyes to indulge. You couldn't remember the last time you had a meal prepared for you. This was an amazing treat.

Shortly after, you realized that Christmas was this weekend, completely forgetting about the holiday since you were more worried about saving the tiny amount of money you had left.

"Well I'm glad you're coming with me Shoto," You smiled over at him in between bites, then gasping to realize that you had done almost no Christmas shopping. "Wait! I don't know about the whole shopping thing, I'm broke,"

"Don't worry," Shoto shook his head at you, reaching into his back pocket to pull out a plastic credit card that clearly looked like it was owned by a rich man. "My old man's black card is one thing he's good for."

---

You sat in the waiting room at the doctors office, stomach turning as you exchanged a nervous glance with Shoto. Doctor's offices were never your style, but your life-changing event was about to be confirmed.

"(L/N)," A nurses nonchalant voice echoed through the room as she stood at the door. You quickly raised to your feet and followed the nurse to your designated patient room.

Once you were situated, and had your vitals taken, you sat on the paper sheet that covered the patient bed. You gulped, shifting your bottom back and forth against the paper, causing it to shift beneath your body weight.

"So this is really happening," You muttered, playing with your fingers as you watched Shoto's calm body sat in the seat in front of you. You had been sitting in the patient room for what had felt like hours, when in reality it had only been close to 15. Your heart was racing, you had never had to deal with anything like this in your life.

"Everything is going to be just fine," He calmly assured you followed by three knocks against the wooden door.

"Hello, (F/N). I will be your doctor for the next 9 months. We took your vitals, and ran your blood and urine samples. Congratulations, you are in fact pregnant." They cheerfully announced, jotting down a few things down onto their clipboard.

You gulped before clearing your throat. "So is that all? No ultrasound or anything?" You questioned as you fumbled with your fingers.

"Not today! Since it is still early in the pregnancy, I would like to hold off until the fetus has grown just a little bit more. In the meantime, I will suggest some prenatal vitamins and some folic acid. Wait assured, however, that your child will be blessed with the genes of both of you." The doctor replied, pointing at the two of you as they wiggled their eyebrows suggestively.