chapter 11

day 11

the cut on my leg didn't need stitches thankfully, so i only had to wear a bandage. and after my mom making me stay in bed for a day, i was able to walk around. yet, i couldn't back to the zoo until i could fully walk.

i decided to take my homework down to the beach, i hadn't had the chance to go since i got here, at least not during the day. i threw on a bikini, even though i wouldn't be getting in the water, a pair of jean shorts and a sheer cotton button up. i grabbed my backpack and computer, making my way outside. i had a bit of a limp, so walking down stairs was challenging.

i sat down on one of our beach chairs and started english. i hated english, so when i heard my name being called i happily answered.

"yes?" i called back, looking up the sandbank, trying to find who called.

suddenly Robert appeared on the steps.

oh good.

"should you be down here with your leg the way it is?" he hurried down the steps.

"Robert, Beau's nail scratched me. he didn't chew off my leg." i watched him as he walked closer, he wasn't wearing his normal khaki attire.

"i would say it was more than a scratch." he sat down on the chair next to me, slightly out of breath.

i sighed, going to back my english. i could feel him watching me, i wasn't sure what he wanted.

"what is it?" i looked back to him.

"do i look okay?" he asked, raising his arms a bit so i could see his full outfit.

he was wearing grey shorts and a forest green t-shirt.

"you look like you normally do, just less khaki." i shrugged

"is that good or bad?"

"do you really want me to answer that?"

"no." he put his head in his hands.

"woah, woah, woah. sorry, i- um, you look great? very...approachable?" he looked at me annoyed, "sorry, i don't know what your going for here, Rob." i waved my hands in the air.

"it's not you, i'm just stressed." he stood from his chair and started to walk back and forth.

"about what?" i put my computer to the side and sat up.

"i'm going on a date." he finally said.

"with, um- em-?" i elongated the 'm', hoping he would help me out.

"Emma."

"Emma! right. with Emma?"

"yeah. and she's like really pretty," he sat back down, "and i'm like really nervous."

"don't be, if it's meant to be she'll love you." i grabbed his hand, "you know, i once set of two of my best friends, so i'm kinda a relationship expert." i shrugged.

"i really hope your joking." he said plainly.

"i'm not, well i'm not a relationship expert. but i've been told i give good advice."

"really? well, give me some good advice right now." he put his forearms on his knees and rubbed his hands together, like he was watching sports.

"uh- don't be an ass." i patted his knee, grabbed my computer and went back to work.

"....thanks." he sighed, "oh! mum and Bindi told me to tell you that they're coming over later. something about a surprise and going out."

"oh- hm, well thanks." i smiled, he stood from his chair, "have fun on your date!" i waved.