A Second Chance

Maya's P.O.V

I groan, feeling a sense of coldness against the side of my face. Fluttering my eyes open, my vison was greeted by a hall decorated with pure white. After fully waking up, I got up from the ground and looked all around me.

Where the fuckin hell am I?

The last thing I remember was dying in Sora's arms, running into King Mickey and Riku in the realm of darkness and that's it. That's all I can remember. But more importantly.

" How the fuck am I alive?" I shouted out loud, staring down at myself.

So many questions are running through my head right now.

It took me a moment to realize that this place felt so familiar to me. I crossed my arms in deep thought. It's like I've been here before. But how? I only know Land of Departures and Destiny Islands. Why did a part of me felt like this was home to me?

' Maya....'  

I gasped, as my eyed widen, hearing a voice that sounded so familiar to me. I might be insane but that voiced sounded exactly like..... " Ventus?" I muttered confused. My attention turned to the doors at the end of the hall. I swear that was his voice. There was a stinging pain shot in my heart.

I didn't realize I had shed a tear when my hand move up to wipe away the fallen tear. I shook my head. Pull yourself together Maya. There's no way that was Ventus. He and the others abandoned you.

Shaking my head I snapped out of it. I can feel Riku is having some trouble. He's fighting the darkness. I did my best to reach him but that darkness he has left is what's keeping me away. I know sending him my light will help fight it off.

It wasn't that long when a familiar figure pass through the doors.  " Gee, it sure took you long enough." I teased, Riku. I eyed him. There's more darkness in him than before. What happened?

He was shocked to see me. " Maya!" He looked around. " Where are we?"

" Hmm. I'm not really sure myself. I just followed this light and it lead me here." I said almost frowning but more like I was thinking. " What's that?" I pointed to the card Riku held in his right hand.

" Don't know." He replied told her.

I study him carefully then went towards the closed door in front of us. " Where are you going?" He asked me. " If wanna find out where the blazing place we are, might as well take a look around." She suggested.

He chuckled. "I guess you're right."

I grunts as I pull on the door but it wouldn't budge.  I heard laughter from behind me. " Stupid door... it won't... open..." I pant sliding my back against it.

" Does someone need my help?" Riku  teased me. I glares at me. "Like I need help from you."

He chuckled again as Riku held the card up towards the door. " Whoa!" I falls when the doors open. " You know... it's okay to ask for my help every once in a while." He pats my head.

I continue to pout. " For your information, I'm still recovering my strength." I argue brushing his  hand away. He laughed. " Sure you are." Riku walked through the door.

" Why did I have to be stuck with you!" I growls.

-----

For some odd reason when I passed through the door, Riku wasn't with me. I was yet in another white hall. " Riku?" I yelled but got no response. " Great, alone again." I growled.

Guess I have to play the waiting game. This sucks.

My eyes averted through the next doors in front of me. Why am I feeling another light that's similar to mine but yet it isn't?  Might as go on forward myself.