𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - 𝙰𝚍𝚍 𝚖𝚎, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎!

Before anyone starts complaining, I'm just giving Scara some character development, I'll use Kazuha POV soon enough~

*Scaramouche POV*

It was the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep.

Yesterday was a very, very weird day for sure. I learned that Ei had started going out with someone and received Valentine's Day chocolate from a guy I knew for about 2 days. But the most surprising part was that I actually understood what were the feelings I had.

Sadly, I am thinking that this will be a case of unrequited love, as Kazuha only seems to want to be a friend and nothing more.

I swear, high school love really is complicated.

I guess I could go to Ei about that, but she always was the kind of person that was a 'hopeless romantic'. And how would she react if I said it was a 'he', not a 'she'?

Actually, thinking about it, she is going out with a girl, so she's probably okay with that, but still... I don't actually trust her in terms of giving advice.

I looked at the time. It was an hour before I had to wake up. Well, I could try and waste some time browsing the Internet or something.

But first, I spotted the gift I received yesterday, lying on a shelf in my room. I could try to open it now.

When opening the box, I saw a long, indigo cloth. It almost looked like silk. It was soon enough that I figured it was a scarf, looking nearly identical to Kazuha's. I decided to try it and— yeah, it's really nice. It's not too warm, not too cold, it's perfect. It's also very comfortable and soft. I swear, why did he actually take the time to buy me this...?

I realized there was also another small box and a card. I read the card at first.

'Hi there, Scaramouche.
I hope you like the gift. I took some time to go at the kimono place to have the cloth for the scarf. The colour matches you well.
Oh, I also bought you some chocolate, as the tradition from Valentine's Day say. I don't know if you eat some, if you don't, I'm sorry.
I look forward to next year. You'd better buy me a gift or something.
Happy Valentine's Day, Scaramouche.'

And that was the message.

He really thought everything out. Gosh, Kazuha... why are you doing this for me?

I closed the box and left it on the shelf. I took my phone to browse the web. I could also thank Kazuha.

I opened the phone and I should've expected that.

Lots of messages from the group chat.

And Kazuha, too.

Signora and Childe can wait. I'll go answer to Kazuha first.

Kazuha
Hi Scaramouche, I'm guessing you didn't wake up yet.
When you're online, I have free time, so we can talk.
Only if you'd like to, though.

Angymouche
Sorry for replying so late. I can talk now, but only if you have time.

Maybe he was gone, but soon after sending the message, I saw him typing.