𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 - 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍?

FOR THOSE WHO WANTED KAZUHA POV, IT IS HERE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

*Kazuha POV*

During the whole lunch, I felt like Scaramouche was preoccupied by something. I can't say I know what it is, since I just met him, but he isn't usually like this.

It makes me want to ask him about it, but I don't want to recreate the same events as the last lunch we had.

He looks like the kind of person that shows one side of himself only as a defence mechanism. But then again, I can't say I'm sure. I don't know him too well.

The bento I brought with me today didn't look as elegant as usual. My job really drains most of my energy and time. Still, that's what my parents want. I'm in no position to be against them.

Actually...

Scaramouche did ask me if I was okay. Maybe he's worried about how I'm doing?

I didn't think I acted in a different way today. Maybe I'm just really obvious and I suck at lying?

I took a bite of the eggs in my plate, but felt like spitting them out.

They tasted really awful. I screwed them up.

"Here. It can help, maybe."

Scaramouche handed me a bottle of juice.

"Won't you drink it?"
"No, I don't like juice that much."

I took the bottle and drank some as fast as possible. The taste of the eggs eventually faded.

"Ugh, this lunch is done for..."
"Wait, I think I have something in here."

Scaramouche took out a plastic bag with a sandwich and some crackers in it.

"My mother thinks I have a big appetite, which I don't, so she makes spare lunches and things like that. You should take it."
"No way, I won't take your lunch—"
"First of all, I already ate. Second of all, I wouldn't want you faint in class or something because you're too hungry."

Why is he helping me out so much?

No, it's not that he's helping.

It's that he cares about me.

When was the last time I knew someone who actually cared for me?

There was Gorou, but I transferred at the demand of my parents. That was years ago. And even before, there was Tomo...

I think he's the reason my parents started being so harsh on me.

"Thank you."

When talking to Scaramouche, I feel the same way as when I talked to Tomo. As if what I'm saying and doing is forbidden. But also the care I showed Tomo...

Oh please, I don't want it to happen again.

I felt like tearing up. As much as it hurt to realize, it was worse to actually feel like that.