𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾 - 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐~

*Scaramouche POV*

Kazuha's eyes closed, not a sound. He must've been very tired.

Seems like I answered too late for him.

I can't say I understand how he feels in all this. I can't say I understand how he's able to control himself in this situation.

He's really, really strong. I couldn't be strong like that. He's amazing.

I tried to close my eyes, but one thought lingered my mind.

Does arranged marriage mean that I should give up on my feelings for Kazuha?

I hate how I love him. I hate how I love caring for him, talking to him, just looking at him.

I'm falling for him so badly that I'm scared I won't be able to control myself when the time comes. I'm scared that I'll show him the side of me I try to contain inside.

Well, if that happens... it just means I'll have to isolate myself from the world. I don't mind cutting class, even if it'll ruin my grades. I just can't afford to hurt Kazuha.

When I went over everything going on in my head, I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

Timeskip, after the night

I woke up to see Kazuha that...

Wait, where is he?

"Oh, Scaramouche, you woke up. Good morning."

Sadly that wasn't Kazuha, it was Ei. She walked towards the doorframe and leaned on it with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Good morning, Ei. Do—"
"Don't worry for Kazuha. He had to go to work today. I gave him a lift to the bus station. I don't know if he'll come back this night though."
"Alright. Thanks for accepting and helping him out."

Ei smiled and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help but overhear a bit last night. But I get what he's going through. I witnessed the death of a loved one once and it's heartbreaking. But..."

She closed her eyes calmly and opened them again.

"...but I think what hurts him the most is the other thing. And I know you're probably hurting so much because of it right now. How are you feeling?"

Ugh, Ei. You always get me to open up, huh.

"I'm scared of giving up on him. I'm scared to confess, too. But, most of all, I don't want to hurt him, you know..."
"You're still scared of that part of you?"

I slightly nodded. She understood and sipped some coffee before saying something.

"Scaramouche, I hope that you understand that when you're in a relationship with someone, you can't hide what you are, you can't hide you. You'll have to talk to Kazuha about that part of you if something ever happens between you two."

What she said made sense. I think I'm gonna listen to her this time.

"Thanks, Ei."