𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿 - 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚖 𝙸 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎?

*Kazuha POV*

I stayed at Scaramouche's place for the weekend. That was a huge relief, as I couldn't just get back to my place yet.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if my father called a detective or someone to investigate on where I go and who I talk to. He wouldn't leave it to the normal cops, he could only have the private authorities take care of it.

I have to go back to him soon, though. He probably has motives to go against Scaramouche and Ei, and I don't want that to happen.

I don't mind risking my teen years for them.

I got up early as I couldn't sleep, I went in the bathroom and changed into my uniform that I brought with me.

When getting out, I saw Ei in the corridor. She looked at me and put a finger in front of her mouth. I decided to keep shut and followed her in the living room.

"Kazuha, do you always wake up so early?", Ei asked when we finally arrived in a room far from Scaramouche.
"Yeah, it's a habit now. Sorry if I'm loud or something."
"Oh, it's not that. I'm just worried you're not able to sleep. At your age, you should rest at least as much as Scaramouche. Well, maybe not as much, as he sleeps waaaay too long.", she added, chucking.

I gazed at the ground and it's as if she understood what I meant.

"You don't have to talk about it with me at least. But please, Scaramouche wouldn't want you to faint in class or something if you were too tired."
"Yes, I understand. Thank you for the concern. I'm able to take care of my situation myself ."

Ei got to the kitchen and started brewing coffee. Meanwhile, I sat down on the couch.

When the coffee was done, Ei sat besides me.

"You know, I kind of overheard your conversation the other day. You have it tough. I know you're trying to get through it. But even if it seems selfish of me, take good care of Scaramouche. He cares about you, more than you think. So don't neglect or forget him."

I actually couldn't speak, I had difficulty to say anything. If only he understood how much I cared.

"It's not selfish. It's true. And I care about him a lot too, I care so, so, so much."

I felt like telling Ei about my feelings, I felt like screaming them, just for Scaramouche to understand. I put my hands on my face by reflex, I couldn't show her my face as the tears were very clearly seen.

"Wait, Kazuha..."
"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

I don't know if it's her mother's instinct, but she seemed to have understood my feelings for Scaramouche.

"I'm so happy you care about him that much. Don't be sorry."

When I removed my hands from my face, I saw Ei wearing a big smile.

"Don't be sorry at all.", she repeated. It almost seemed as if she knew something I didn't.

The floor creaked. I wondered if it was Scaramouche. He couldn't see me in this state.

"Oh, Miko. Good morning."
"Good morning, Ei~"

Like her lover did, Miko went straight to the coffee machine. When her coffee was done, she sat besides Ei, laying her head down on her partner's shoulder.