𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 - 𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎~

*Kazuha POV*

Someone opened the door for us, at last. When Scaramouche explained to the person how we were late but the door was locked, they decided to remove our remove our absence from class.

I wanted to give Scaramouche his coat back, but he asked me to keep it. I don't know why, only he knows.

We both had our class and after, I joined him to his locker.

"Hi, Scara!"
"Hello, Kazuha. How are you?"
"I'm good, you?"
"Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for asking."

He took out a binder of his locker and closed the door. After that, he leaned on it.

I don't get why he doesn't go in the dining area often. Maybe because he doesn't want people to bug him?

I felt a vibration in my pocket. Seems the people from Scaramouche's were online.

"They never keep quiet, huh."
"They seem nice, though."
"...I don't know..."

It seemed that he was the one hiding stuff now.

Well, not for long though.

"Even if I treated them like friends, I think we had more of a 'classmates' relationship. Like, occasional friends when in the same classes. And when something happened, I couldn't see them the same way. A friend is someone that has your back, no matter how hard the situation is or if they'll get in trouble. That's why I don't trust them as much anymore."

I didn't actually know what to answer. But if he talked to me, that means...

"If you need to talk about something, anything, I'm here. So when you'll need help, count on me. I'll do the same if something happens, because that's what friends do, right?"

Scaramouche looked at me for a while, his eyes were getting red. He looked away as fast as possible.

"Yeah, for sure."

As much as I wanted to ask Scaramouche's friends about their relationship, I don't feel like doing that is respectful. It's also dishonest. I'd rather wait for him to tell me himself.

I felt another vibration which was my phone, again. But it wasn't the group chat.

It was a private message from one of the members of the group.

Her name in the group chat is Icy Lady, but seems her actual name is Signora.

Signora
Hi Kazuha

Kazuha
Hi.
How are you?

Signora
Please don't play dumb with me
I know you've been kicked out of my school some years ago
For a reason that the school principal won't disclose
Istg if you try to hurt Scaramouche you're going down

Kazuha
Well of course you don't know the reason.
I won't tell you since I don't trust you.
But Scaramouche knows.
Him knowing is proof about how I care for him.
I never told anyone about the real reason and since I did tell him, it's essentially to protect him.