08 | AT ODDS

June 2016Leipzig-Halle Airport, Germany

June 2016
Leipzig-Halle Airport, Germany

"So, uh, what happened at that...audition?" Rose walked up to Scott who abruptly shut up after mumbling to himself. Rose thought he was giving himself a motivational speech giving from his tiny jumps as if he was readying himself for action.

He smiled amazed with shiny eyes as he shrugged humbled, though Rose wasn't sure if it was honest or not. "Oh, it's nothing-actually, I..."

Rose listened entertained as he narrated his encounter with Sam. Apparently, they'd fought and Sam hadn't been expecting Scott's abilities in his suit (being able to shrink to an ant's size, even smaller, keeping his strength, a vague description) ...and had gotten his ass handed to him. Scott even managed to steal from the compound, Rose remembered some of that intel.

"Your suit...where did you get it?" she asked remembering a time when a young man had been studying ants himself.

Scott froze, not sure he could talk about it...actually, he wasn't sure he was even supposed to be there with the suit. If he weren't, he was never good at following rules anyway.

"Uh...see, there's a guy-"

"Wouldn't happen to be Hank Pym right?"

His eyes grew out of their sockets. "You know him, oh thank god! I thought I would have to-"

"It's fine," she calmed him down. "I used to know him, not sure he remembers me. It seems like he managed to do what he wanted."

Much to the dismay of Howie's ego, she was sure.

"Oh, well, he's-"

"Everyone in position," Steve said once they were all suited up. They'd talked about the plan briefly before the ones who needed to be furthest away left first.

Rose nodded at Scott before leaving. "Thank you again."

"Are you ready?" Steve asked before they moved out of the parking lot to a more open area of the airport.

She breathed in deeply. "No. Let's go."

They pretended to run towards a parked chopper halting when something latched to it and electrified it, maybe fried its system, Rose wasn't sure.

Tony flew in closer with Rhodey trailing closely behind, they landed in front of the duo.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony commented revealing his face making Rose sigh at the unnecessary theatrics. But she was still concerned at his bruised right eye. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird," Rhodey responded.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve began. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

Another figure jumped in the air landing close to them. A Black Panther suit, T'Challa. "Captain, Agent Thompson."

"Your Highness."