Farmer's Daughter

I had just come back to Montana after two months in Texas with Travis working on different ranches to turn ex broncs into work horses. Before I even put my bags in my room, I ran to the barn to see my baby; Marshal, a blue roan quarter I put a lot of pride into seeing as he was the first horse I turned around.

"Marsh, I'm back!" I was so excited I didn't even notice the newest low-man in the stall with him, that was until I was body to body with him on the ground. 

"What the fuck?" 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't even see you there, here, let me help you up." 

"Thanks..."

"Seriously, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine, forget it." 

Lloyd's laugh fills the barn, "Well what a way to come back Ms. Dutton." 

"There's a reason I don't get hired for my coordination." I laughed, hugging him. 

"Ryan, after you finish up here come outside to the round pen."

"Yes sir." 

Lloyd walked off and I waited for Ryan to finish up in the stall.

"Hey, we didn't get properly introduced... Um, I'm Kymberly Dutton." 

"Ryan Walker." 

We smile at each other and part ways. That low-man's smile interrupted my every thought for the rest of the evening and well into that night.