Part-7

Panic. Dread. Fear.

These were the emotions that were coursing through her as she thought about what had happened. He had to be alive. There was no way she would forgive herself if something happened to him. The more she thought about Ryan and the fact that he had been kidnapped, the more she felt as if all of her emotions were starting to come back at her.

She looked up as the ceiling started to shake and lights fluctuated. She felt overwhelmed. She had to shut them down. She couldn't loose control now. Not when she had to save him first, she couldn't afford to get lost in the whirldwind of her emotions at the moment.

She tried to convince herself. Ryan didn't matter to her. Even if she failed to find him or save him, it wouldn't matter. He would just be collateral damage in her quest to end Triad. There was no need to feel guilty over him. He was a sort of villain most of his life.

But she still cared. No matter how much she tried to pretend that she didn't care if he lived or died, her pounding heart beat would give her away. She cared about him. There was no denying that.

She had to work fast and find the people who took him. They could very well be torturing him as she wasted time in sorting out her feelings. God how she wished she had turned him into a vampire. Atleast that would have given her some sort of semblance that he won't be fragile enough to break with a snap. The first thing she would do after she rescued him would be to turn him into a vampire.

She sat down on the bed and tried to calm herself and thought about the entire scene. It was clear that Triad took him. She had reasons to bileieve that it could be the same og vampire that she was going after, it would kill two birds in one stone. She would save Clarke and end the vampire. If the Triad book was correct, then the vampire was in Fayetteville and there was a good chance that they took Clarke there too. It wasn't that far from Fort Valley. But what if her assumptions were wrong? What if she was late?

God. She was losing her mind. She is a freaking witch, she can perform a locator spell but for that she would need something of Ryan's. She stood up immediately and searched his room to find something that would belong to him. Opening the bedside drawer she looked if he had left something there, a wallet or a handkerchief maybe. She found nothing.

She thought of the bathroom. He had a shower he must have left something there. She rushed to the bathroom and saw that he had indeed left his belt. This would work. It was his.

Picking up the belt she went on to prepare for the spell. She couldn't waste any more time.

Reaching the middle of the room Hope sat down on the floor and took his belt in her hand. She then sliced her hand to let her blood fall on the map. 

"Sequitur"

She tried to focus all of her magic and power on the locator spell and concentrated as she much as she could. In a few seconds the blood on the map started to move to indicate the place he was at.

She opened her eyes hurriedly and looked at the map. She was correct. He was in Fayetteville. The vampire had taken him, and she would make sure that he would not be able regret this day, because he won't be living long enough to do that.

~~~~~

Ryan opened his eyes and looked around, he couldn't make out the place. He was not feeling well, his vision was blurry, head  throbbing, and he felt nauseated. The back of his head was stinging like he had been struck multiple times. Waking up after Hope's unconscious spell was so much better than waking up like this.

He felt as if something was irritating him in his eyes and causing the vision to be blurry. So he attempted to pull his hand forward to wipe it off but realised he couldn't do that as he was tied up to a chair. He tried shaking his body voilently , hoping it would loosen the ropes around him, but nothing happened. Great. He tried blinking several time to get the stuff out of his eyes and partly succeded. Now he could atleast look at his surroundings.