𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 - 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐓, '𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍'"

Even under the cover of darkness was Ketterdam a city of chaos.

But Aurelia had discovered that she thrived on chaos. Almost as much as she thrived on the screams of men.

Watching the blood pour out of their necks, listening to the gurgles and pain-filled noises was music to her ears.

Death was something that Aurelia had a deep connection with. Living for centuries meant death surrounded her more than others.

But that only drove her more.

Times had changed, has had Aurelia.

But some things never changed. The scent of the blood being one.

The feeling of power rushed through her as the life drained from someone never got old.

Whispers would follow, as they always did.

How could they slice their own throat?

He was in the room of a pleasure house, I thought he was a respectable man.

I heard that his rings were missing, they might be gold but he had more expensive things on him.

The Gilded Witch worked in the shadows, a golden feather from their mask left at each scene.

Most thought that Aurelia was some type of Grisha. After all, how could one kill so effectively and leave no trace other than a feather? Who would take rings that never end up being resold in the worse parts of Ketterdam, a city built on blood?

There were places where one could sell things and not be traced. Yet the rings never ended up being seen again.

No, they were in a safe in Aurelia's room. The only thing she saved from her victims.

The only thing that reminded her of him.

She still had the dam ring he gave her, she couldn't part with it, it motivates her.

Forced her to view everyone as the villains, as enemies. She wouldn't be fooled again.

Now she made fools of the men who prayed on the young girls, who kip napped them, who sold them.

She was a villain in her own sense, but over the years had stopped caring.

They could pray and shout to any of the saints or gods, but they would still suffer under her hand as the girls did.

Aurelia dragged out their death, every one of them. Sometimes she would see his face, but even he wasn't as bad as these men.

The man currently on the floor had turned a blind eye to a shipment of girls that had come in, and in return, Aurelia was going to kill him for it.