𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖 - 𝐄𝐆𝐎

"𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐎 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄 (𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄)"

A sharp clattering of cutlery rang throughout the room. A tense silence overtook the room as Aleksander sat down.

Instantly servants ran to serve him and Aurelia food. As the entree soup was served, it seemed the room had begun to recover from their shock.

Some people, less trained in the art of deception and court gapped openly. Looking Aurelia up and down, judging her tousled hair and days-old clothes.

Both women and men glared at her as if she had taken their favourite toy.

Others didn't display any emotions at Aurelia's arrival and simply continued on with their meals and conversations.

The room was large and divided into long tables stretched across the length of the room.

The head table housed Aleksander and Aurelia, as well as three other people on each of their sides.

Aurelia looked around the room as she began to consume her food. She noted some power figures, as well as a member of the merchant council who was trying to meet Aurelia's eyes, to convey some message of urgency.

Aurelia had more important things to worry about than a merchant council member.

Seraphine, the Ineferni was seated on one of the long tables that seemed to house the majority of high ranking Grisha. The group leaned in surrounding her as she whispered, they only broke their conversation to steal brief looks at Aurelia.

An old Zemeni man was seated next to Aleksander. "So have you given any thought to the theme of the next Starless Tournament?"

Aleksander answered and drowned on and on about his ideas. When the next course of streak was served Aurelia was tempted to stab Aleskander with the steak knife.

Aurelia was smart and could get out of a lot of sticky situations. But she probably couldn't escape a room filled with high trained soldiers after committing regicide.

But it was a comforting thought to picture Aleksander's body being slowly drained of blood and being in incredible pain for his last breaths. A girl can dream.

"Are you alright my star, you seem to be stabbing for steak very aggressive. Is it not to your liking?" Aleksander's voice rudely interrupted her thoughts.

Aurelia smiled a sweat sarcastic smile. One that seemed to make Aleksander on edge. That made her smile more. "No, bubbles I am fine," Aurelia spoke loudly, enjoying watching Aleksander's eye twitch at bubbles.

The few people on the head table grew quiet, and someone let out a poorly covered giggle.

The Lady immediately got up and excused herself, claiming she drunk too much wine, but was probably scared of the wrath of the Shadow King.