Chapter 12: Unity Day

I wake up and sit up in my and Bell's tent. "Good morning, beautiful." Bell says, smiling.

"Good morning, mister." The words escape my mouth with a yawn.

"Hey, it's Unity Day." Bell says, leaning in for a kiss. I kiss my handsome boyfriend and smile at him. "At least we can enjoy today, right?"

"Bell, there's so much to do." I say, getting dressed. I throw on one of his shirts because it's the only one that will fit me at this point. "Baby, I have to get Blake ready, and I just have a feeling today is going to be anything special."

"Babe, for your sake and our baby's sake, take it easy?" Bell asks me. "Please, baby, just relax today."

"Baby, I will try to take it easy, okay?" I ask my bruting boyfriend. Bellamy rolls his eyes.

"Fine, but if it makes you feel better, you can babysit Octavia." Bellamy says.

"Bell, I'm not going to babysit O. She's going to be with whoever she's going to be with, and if she chooses Lincoln, then she chooses Lincoln." I say, walking out of our tent. I walk towards Jasper, who's making his liquor for Unity Day. "Somethings never change, huh?" I ask Jasper. 

"Well, it is Unity Day." Jasper says. "So, let me make my drinks, which you can't have; you relax and just enjoy the parade." Jasper flashes his sly smile and points to the radio screen.

I roll my eyes and walk next to Clarke. "Do you honestly think Unity Day is critical right now?" I ask my older sister. "I mean, we're pretty much in an unspoken war with Tri Kru, and there's no way that Unity Day for us is going to mean shit for anyone else."

"Kenzie, let them relax like you should be doing!" Clarke says in her older sister, you should listen to me voice. 

"Clarke, I don't need to relax or be on bed rest!" I protest. "What I need is to figure out a way to create a peace treaty between Skai Kru and Tri Kru."

"You're not going to be able to do that by yourself." Clarke says.

"Actually, Clarke, you'd be wrong." I tell my annoying older sister. "If I can create an entire clan from scratch, I think I can create a peace treaty between the 100 and the grounders."

"Why don't you ask for help ever?" Clarke asks.

"Cause I've never needed to ask." I remind my sister.

"You're not superwoman!" Clarke shouts.

"Actually, Clarke, I am!" I yell back to her.

"Hey, Ice Princess, can we talk?" Finn asks.

"Yeah!" I say, rolling my eyes at my sister. "What's up, Spacewalker?"

"Octavia and I already have a meeting set up between the grounders and us, but they want our leader to be involved, which out of the three of you Clarke, I feel, would be the better option to meet with them." Finn says.

"Finn, Anya is a very particular person that can be very bitchy." I tell Spacewalker. "Setting up a meeting, let alone with someone she doesn't know, isn't the best option. Trust me; I've known this girl for a long time. She's not the most reasonable person in the world."

"Wait, you know their leader?" Spacewalker asks. "So you and Lincoln could get a meeting? I'm just looking for a peace treaty-type thing. They've been killing us off, and we haven't done much to deserve it."

"Finn, that's not how Anya sees it. Look, let me talk to Lincoln and Anya, you get Clarke there, and we'll see if we can't figure something out." The words escape my mouth faster than my brain can process them. I sigh as Finn nods and walks away. I walk up to the gate and hear everyone gasping. "What's going on?" I ask Clarke.