Chapter 19

"Shit!"

Okay, let's have a brief story time. So I wake up at about half past eight - yes, the sun is already up and it feels like shit - and I am right now suffering from this horrible headache because of the alcohol I have consumed last night. Seriously, Jude Duarte? What was I thinking that got me so intoxicated for the rest of the night? I have promised to not get drunk after Taryn started wobbling on her feet because of her fucking low alcohol tolerance problem, and I also ended up drunk.

The best part is, I don't have any idea where I am right now. I must have blacked out last night because the last thing I can remember is kissing and drinking and laughing and dancing with Cardan, completely ignorant towards my other problems. I mean, I do remember what happened before I blacked out - did I really black out? - because I remember having water fight with Valerian as my partner because Cardan showed up late at the party. I remember talking to Garrett and laughing at him handling the tipsy Taryn. And, considering that my last memory was with Cardan, it is safe to assume I'm in his place.

Where or which one, I can't guess. With him, no one can guess which house he is staying. This is my first time coming to this hotel - I've been to his family's hotels before for tournaments - so I really have no clue how the rooms look like. This might be his other apartment or this might be his suite in this resort. The fact that this bedroom is bigger than my bedroom combined with mine and Taryn's closets renders me completely speechless.

Okay, but there is another problem than my current location right now. You would think I will wake up with a smile and walk straight out of the bedroom to look for Cardan, right? Well, that certainly will be the first thing I do in the morning ever since I start sleeping in Cardan's room every Friday and Saturday nights. But, to wake up with my first word literally saying shit, surely that means I am in a deep trouble.

Do you want to know what the problem is? Here. I take my phone and scroll through my texts, catching sight of an unknown number with over ten notifications. Look, I do not have many numbers in my contacts. Mostly just people I'm close with or people I work with - mom, dad, my sisters, their partners and close friends, Valerian and Cardan, and also some numbers of people I keep contact with. This number is completely foreign - and the amount of irritation I receive is almost too much for my anger.

You really think you can have Cardan forever? Bitch, you can rot in hell and I will be glad while I slip back into Cardan's life. I don't even understand why he likes you in the first fucking place. You're hardly an eye candy - I doubt he actually likes you

And then, this unknown number sent me several pictures from last night. Mostly pictures of Cardan and I at the pool party. I should be relieved they didn't get to take pictures of us in this suite, but, no one feels relieved when they realize they are being stalked by their boyfriend's creepy and psychotic ex. I sigh and put the phone back on the nightstand, kicking the blanket off myself.

When I look down at my body, I realize I am still clad in the same black bikini and cardigan. I look around, checking to see if there is something I have forgotten. We didn't have sex, right? I'm pretty sure Cardan wouldn't agree to have sex with me while I was drunk. Unless, he was also drunk - but how did I end up here anyway? Did Cardan carry me from the party and let me sleep here? I gnaw at my lower lip and walk out from the room as I rushingly tighten the sash around my waist.

"Cardan?"

I head straight to the living room and catch sight of a bag - my bag? Relax, Taryn or Garrett or both of them must've send my clothes bag while I was living my best life sleeping on the softest mattress one can ever get a chance on being on. I unzip it and take out a white shirt, slipping into it and head straight into the kitchen, finding Cardan sitting at the counter with his hand under his chin, staring blankly at the wall in front of me.