Chapter 28

By the time I wake up in the morning, I was expecting to wake up next to Cardan. But, his side on the bed is empty and his last night's clothes are already in the laundry basket beside the bathroom door. I groan at the bright sunlight hitting my eyes as I turn my phone on, looking at the time that is already half past nine. I sit up abruptly and dial Cardan's number - where is he at such hour?

I hear Cardan's ringtone and find his phone on his desk. Oh my, he must have left it in a hurry and only take his work phone with him. Just to make it clear, Cardan has two phones - one is for his personal use, and the other for his work. His excuse was Dain literally calls me at every fucking hour possible, and I hate it. That's why I blocked him and told him to only call me by the other number if there is anything related to work. I was a bit suspicious at first, but when I checked his phone the other day - while he was asleep and without his permission - I found nothing but Dain and Taryn.

I take his phone and type in the password, checking his messages. Mine is above all the other - pinned with the name Sweet Jude. I blush and bite my lip as I tap on the message box, finding his text for me. I can just check it on my phone, but hey - Cardan has given me access to his personal belongings.

Good morning, and sorry, love. I am needed at a meeting. I'll tell you details later. Things are a mess with my dad right now

I put his phone after probably three minutes of staring without moving from my position, I put the phone away and stand up from the bed. I pick a grey hoodie hanging on the armrest of Cardan's study's chair and slip it through my head and move around the room to make the bed. As much as I love sleeping on this bed - because why the fuck wouldn't someone enjoy sleeping on this bed with their amazing, rich, hot, clever but stupid and amazing boyfriend? Did I say amazing? Yes, he's amazing - but I hate tidying this bed.

Look, it's not like I hate tidying his bed because it's too messy or too big, but the reason is because there are too many unopened boxes and parcels in this room. It is so hard to move around without looking down to see if I am kicking one of Cardan's many Louis Vuitton boxes and it annoys me. Cardan really needs to open all his parcels as soon as he gets them and keep them in his wardrobe. Like, why is he keeping them untouched? Is he making an unboxing haul or forgetting the existence of his stuff? Probably the second one.

I lift a few boxes beside the bed and place them on the study and return to the bed, pulling the duvet and straightening the surface. I inhale sharply and wipe the sweat on my forehead, bolting towards the bathroom after finishing with my first errand. I do not take much time to brush my teeth and wash my face before stepping into the shower. I might just go to the store in the lobby to get myself a nice burrito and a cup of latte.

After changing into a pair of sweatpants and a green shirt that obviously belongs to Cardan, I take my credit card and walk out from the house. For a Saturday morning, this is quite too quiet for me. My usual Saturday mornings are always filled with Vivi and Taryn screaming for me to join them for breakfast while I'm still under covers with my iPad on my lap, watching whatever show I am hooked at the moment. Or, it sometimes end up with me rushing to do some stuff that doesn't look like a big deal at all.

I like mornings with Cardan - our mornings are filled with usually one of us waking up probably ten to fifteen minutes earlier than the other, staring until the other wakes up. And then, the usual morning greetings and the lazy kisses and cuddles - and sometimes morning sex too, if we're not exhausted from the previous night's activity. We usually spend another hour in bed just talking and watching the movie Cardan played on his TV while sharing kisses and also, breakfast in bed is a must.

I didn't like it at first, but after a while, it was quite relaxing for me.

And then, we will both go to bath. Cardan usually takes the guest bathroom because he says that I might be uncomfortable to shower with him - which is the truth. Of course, Cardan has seen me completely naked too many times, but showering with him is just not something I'm quite comfortable at the moment. Maybe one day I'll be fine with it.