Chapter 9

I open my bedroom's door with a heavy sigh and throw my bag somewhere near my desk before throwing myself into the bed. My muscles feel like they have been hit by metal balls - I close my eyes and inhale the sweet scent of lavender in my room. Taryn is probably out for the night with Garrett considering that tomorrow is Saturday.

Ah, so many things have happened today.

Right, you and Cardan hate each other since the first time you set eyes on each other.

Does Cardan show any changes around you recently?

Do you know Cardan's favorite color? Guess what, even his ex doesn't know about this.

What do you think about dating Cardan?

I sigh as I remember most of the questions being asked by Cardan's sisters. To be honest, I really don't get the point of that friendly interrogation both at his apartment as well as at the bakery. So, I skipped class, I got held back by Cardan's sisters, I helped them at the bakery and ended up in an interrogation with weird questions about their brother.

I wonder if Taryn is actually involved in all these. After that little bravado last night as well as leaving me with Cardan in the morning, I will not hesitate to kick her out of our shared bedroom if she is really involved. I sigh and roll on my bed, staring back at the ceiling. I can hear the rain falling heavily outside and perish the thought as I close my eyes.

There are still other things that need to be done. I have to text someone to ask to borrow their notes. I snatch my phone and scroll through my contacts. I really do not have that much numbers in my list. Really, I only have my family's numbers, as well as some of my old school friends. Well, not exactly friends, but I used to work with them. And then, there are the numbers of the bullies.

I honestly have no idea why I have Locke's and Valerian's number - as I remember I have never worked with them - but, I have Nicasia's number for almost three years now because we used to work together during the first semester. Yes, there were so many arguments being involved - obviously because of our pettiness and Nicasia's continuous accusation of me stealing Cardan's attention from her.

Alas, she's the one who cheated on him.

I scroll through, ignoring the only option I have in my contacts. I try to find any of my classmates' numbers but turns out there is none that I actually talk with. I save their numbers from our class group, so it would be rather awkward for me to approach them. It will probably be less awkward if I can reach them on Instagram. Well, fuck. I am not even that active on my personal account. I spend most of my time just sending time-lapse of my digital arts and posting random sketches there.

Right, now who should I contact?

Do I really have to ask Cardan? Isn't there any other options that I can get? Unless I want to fail my finals, I can pretend those notes are not important. Besides, if he asked why I didn't go to class, I will simply dodge the question and demand the notes instead. Clever, Jude.

J: Hey Cardan
C: Jude

I roll my eyes. Even the way he texts annoy the shit out of me.

J: Right, I'mma make this brief. I want to borrow your notes from today's classes
C: You want to borrow my notes? Just why were you absent today?
J: Is that really necessary? It's not like I really wanted to ask for yours. You're the fifth I've asked for

I lie, of course.

C: So you texted me because everyone else refused to lend theirs to you? I might say I'm doing the same
J: Why?
C: They are my notes. Why should I lend them freely to you?
J: For fuck's sake, I just need some notes to copy from or else I might not know what to do
C: And, how does your problem bother me?
J: God, you're so annoying
C: YOU are annoying
J: All I asked is for you to lend me your notes. Don't drag this for too long
C: You ignored my question. Why were you absent?
J: Is that really your business?
C: If you want to borrow my beautiful notes, yes, it is