Chapter 9

(Paris By The Chainsmokers)

Rhea's Pov

Day Six

"Alex, I don't want to do this." I whined as he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the car.

"I don't want to be the reason behind you and your fathers broken bond. You need to talk to him." He eased, as I groaned.

I straightened out my shirt, well, Alex's shirt. He's never getting this back, I hope he knows that.

"You can't sleep on my bed every night. Some nights I need it too, Really." He crossed his eyes with a smile on his face.

"I literally said that i would take the couch, you ungrateful little whor-"

The door swung open to my house as I stood down the driveway. It's like he was waiting for me and he knew I was coming. There were no dark eye bags under his eyes, there was no worry, there was no stress. Which leads me to the question of, if he hates the fact that I'm going behind his back, why does it seem like he just doesn't care, at all.

"Meet me tonight if you can? I'll be at the beach parking lot by midnight. If you don't show, I'll be worried, but I know that you'll be okay." He said, looking down at me.

He let go of my hand and looked over at my dad. He waved and smiled at my dad before turning his back and starting to walk to his car.

"Hey baldy?" I called out and he turned back around.

"If you keep worrying you'll lose more hair." He groaned before flipping me off and closing his car door.

He didn't drive away, though. He just sat there.

"Rhea." My father nodded his head at me and I nodded back.

"Hey dad." I mumbled, walking up the driveway.

Once I got inside the house, I heard his car drive off. What a gentleman? Yeah, I'm rolling my eyes right now. Candice ran up and attached herself to my leg.

"We should talk." My dad crossed his arms and I sighed.

"Yeah." I agreed before picking Candice up and putting her into her little room we had set up.

I fed her and gave her some treats before walking out of the room. I walked to my room and set the bag of things I had on my bed. I took off my shoes and put my phone down on my dresser. I walked up the stairs and sat down on the couch, kicking my feet up and leaning my head back.

My dad soon joined me, and sat down. I noticed how quiet it was in the house. It wasn't normal. I closed my eyes and tried to pinpoint how different it felt exactly. My family was gone, for one. The TV was off. There wasn't anything cooking. This was all something that was wrong. Different.

"How long, Rhea?" He asked in a calm tone and I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Excuse me?" I motioned my hand for more context and he nodded hesitantly.

"How long have you been seeing him?" I let out a breath and closed my eyes once more.

"Six days, including today." I folded my hands behind my head and opened my eyes to study his expression.

"Six days... Why do I feel like you're lying?" I looked over at him, and kept myself calm.

"It's been six days, Dad. I met him the day when I yelled "abolish all children" on the beach." He let my words sink in, almost as if he was trying to recall it.