∞ Chapter 11 ∞

"Their eyes met and in an instant, with inexplicable, only half conscious rush of emotion, they were in perfect communion."
-Scott Fitzgerald

Zoey

I couldn't wait to go home. I was tired and nothing was making me feel any better.

After lunch I went to my locker and got my books for Foods class. Cole walked up and told me to hurry up before I was late. I listened. We were still on break but it was like nothing had changed. We still hung out after school, still did everything we did when we were together.

I went to Foods and sat down at the end of my table. I sat next to this guy Byron and next to my friend Jo. They were cool, well Jo was, Byron was annoying as hell for no reason.

We sat through 52 minutes of lecturing and taking notes on the PowerPoint. I thought in foods we were suppose to cook... But that never really happened until the end of our chapter.

The bell rang finally and I gathered my things up to wait for Crystal. She always walked slow, talking and laughing with everyone else. She caught up and we walked and talked about anything.

I got to my locker and put my things away to wait for Keisha. We talked for a few and walked to gym. I hurried got dressed, and lotioned up.

My Bestfriend Justin was in this class. I loved him but he was annoying and unnecessary. We had known each other since 6th grade.

"Hey is this seat taken," Justin asked me.

"No, you can sit there just don't talk."

"Fine, you are one of those kids right?"

"One of what kids?"

"Those who don't talk in class always pay attention.."

"In a way yea I guess."

"Well you won't be for long."

"Yes I will. Your not going to change me!"

"Yea okay."

We talked all through math. I realized he was new but I didn't care. I wasn't one of those thirsty people who jumped all over a new kid.

That was our new routine for math. Sit next to each other, pass notes, and try to laugh quietly.