CHAPTER 13

you all fall back as he gets pulled up.

TANJIRO SLIDES OPEN THE DOOR AS THE REST OF YOU WALK BEHIND HIM

your arms were crossed behind your head as you eye each of the sleeping passengers.

inosuke was making noises of surprise and awe, he laughs as he goes in-between two seats with people on them. they look up at him in shock.

he slams his hands on the windows, "so fast!"

zenitsu panics, "sorry! we're very sorry!"

you sigh in disappointment.

"forget that! get over here, idiot!" zenitsu pulls inosuke away from the window, while he was still laughing "so freaking fast!"

you both sigh as you continue walking forward, tanjiro was already a bit ahead helping an elderly lady put her baggage up top.

"he's a hashira, right?" zenitsu asks.

"this rengoku person.. are you sure you'll recognise his face?"

you wave him off, "please. i've seen him plenty of times before."

"yeah, he had this gaudy hairstyle, and i remember his scent, too"

that sounds really creepy if you think about it

"hey!" inosuke shouts, startling a small family.

tanjiro walks up to the door, "i think i'll know it's him when i get close"

you sigh,

yeah, just completely ignore the fact i'll know who to look for

tanjiro slides open the door and you all reel back at a loud voice, "umai!"

you smile,

that's him, alright

the same word is repeated many times, not only tanjiro, zenitsu, and inosuke, but all the other passengers in that cart were looking at him in shock.

"is that the flame hashira guy?"

you and tanjiro nod.

"not just some random glutton?"

you shake your head, "um, excuse me.." tanjiro says as he walks up to him, rengoku ignores him and continues eating while chanting 'umai'

"r-rengoku-san.."

"umai!" rengoku turns to all of you.

"uhm, we get that part already.."

you hold up a peace sign, "how's it goin', rengoku-san?"

he turns to you, "ah! tamaki! i am doing quite, well, nice to see you!"he pats the seat next to him, "have a seat"

he then turns to tanjiro, "and you're the kid from that day at oyakata-sama's."