Roses On Vines (GiyuxShinobu)

Prompt: A (vampiric) supernatural twist with Demon Slayer 

No matter how beautiful a rose may be, there is always some sort of trickery that lies beneath the facade of perfection. 

And that was exactly the case with the woman before him. Her stance was offensive, though oddly, she bore no weapon in her hands. He could barely make out the image of her face, only seeing the glint of violet eyes beneath a cloaked head. 

"Put it down." 

"Or what?" she taunted. She flipped the object in her hand into her other. She smirked at his attempt to protest, but merely closed his mouth after he failed. 

"You're very intoxicating, you know that?" she grinned, pulling the cloak's hood over her head even more than was probably possible. 

"Tomioka!" Shinazugawa slammed his fist on the door that had entrapped the two in a room with no windows. He didn't respond to his comrade's cries, only paying attention to the person in front of him. 

His partners' cries were muffled as she swiftly tossed a packet of blood from the hospital donor into her bag. 

"It seems I would have to create my own way out," she hummed thoughtfully, "try not to be too shocked, okay?" 

She grinned again, though the teasing hint in her voice left him partially paralyzed. 

She walked up to the wall facing the woods, and slammed her fist into it. All cries on the other side of the door ceased. 

The wall was blown open, and all Tomioka could do was gape at the woman before him. She readied herself for a jump out the window. 

"Hey!" he yelled, "what are you doing?!" he demanded, tugging her arm before she could take the leap into the forest, gone forever. More than ever, his azure eyes had turned into a petrified cerulean. Like the color from his youth, the woman stared down at him as she noted his fear. 

"Don't jump," he gripped her arm tighter as she braced herself. 

"I'll be fine," she snapped, snatching her arm from his grasp as she leaped from the hole in the wall. 

The world moved in slow motion as the woman almost walked on air, her feet acting as if they were climbing on invisible steps. Tied through the branches of the thick forest were tiny strings, illuminated by sunlight. Through what must've been magic, she balanced on top of them, the strings hidden by the shadows of the trees. 

The hood fell off her head, as she brushed her bangs out of her face, black hair with purple tips at the ends. She looked down at him, seemingly disappointed by his lack of a reaction. 

She grinned, and this time, Tomioka could see the tiny fangs that hid behind her soft, full lips. Her eyes glimmered with mischief as she bounded into the forest, the last thing he saw: was the black butterfly hair clip that held her ponytail together.

---

Tomioka had settled on his desk, his head crashing onto papers and files that had been stacked there by the office secretary, Mitsuri Kanroji. He knew that she had not purposefully given him all these files; it must've been her ex-boyfriend and senior, Obanai Iguro. He clenched his jaw as Sanemi leaned across his desk, coffee cup in hand. 

"What happened to you?" he took a sip of his coffee, noting his disheveled hair and appearance, "you haven't been the same since that mission at the mansion." 

"You mean emotionless and stoneless?" Muichiro interjected, flipping a coin in his hand. 

"Yeah," Sanemi nodded.