CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

While sitting on my bed, I was thinking about how I could get out of here knowing that my brother would not let me out of this situation. I messaged Stacey even though she was in the living room, and she came into my room minutes later.

"Hey, so what?" she says as she closes the door behind her.

"Because I'm resigning, my colleague has planned a farewell party for me, which will take place tonight," she listens intently.

"May I ask for a favor?" I take her hand in mine and give her puppy eyes.

"Spill the tea."

"Can you assist me in getting out of here?"

"That is difficult oum, let me think....yes!" she exclaimed, clearly more excited than I am.

"Do you have anything to wear?" she inquires as she swings my hand back and forth in the air.

"I don't..." she grins before I can finish.

"I have a gorgeous dress I bough the other day but James won't allow me to wear it so i'll give it to you." I felt uneasy but still nodded.

It was evening, and Stacey asked my brother to go to the store, and while he was gone, she dressed me up and put on some light make-up; I was wearing a black crossed topdress then the skirt of the dress is scrunches upward then my clevage and stomach is revealed and it hugged my body. Stacey called my brother before I left, but he was still in line in counter, so we took advantage of the opportunity to call a taxi.

I quickly enter the club, look for Margaret, and see her sitting with our staff and our head, but Agnes is nowhere to be found. I walk over to their table, and as soon as I arrive, they hand me a drink that I must finish before sitting at their table.

"Are you sure you're going to quit?" our writer inquires.

"Unfortunately, yes," I said, looking around the stage.

"We'll miss you, Ms. Seymour," they walk up to me and hug me tightly.

"Me too, let's party!" I exclaimed, then danced to the beat while still sitting.

My phone rang, but I ignored it because I knew it was my brother. Margaret was perplexed because I hadn't left my seat since I arrived, so she moved closer to me and whispered in my ear, despite the fact that she was a little tipsy.

"Hey Chel, why aren't you dancing and showing them how sexy you are?" she said as she poked my side with her elbow.

"Ha! This is the secret to not getting drunk easily: the less you move, the less likely you'll get drunk," I say as I swig some whiskey.

"Aren't you tipsy?" she asks, leaning against me.

"I'm all right."

I was still dancing in my chair when Aj, our cameraman, approached me and handed me some liquor, but his hands were shaking, indicating that he was nervous.

"For you, Ms. Seymour."

I accept it and drink it with trepidation later, I feel dizzy, so I excuse myself for the bathroom while still holding the glass before I can go inside, my knees have weakened and I am about to be seated at the floor but someone cath me, and he grabbed the cup in my hand and drank the last drop of it before carrying me outside the bar.

While the man was still looking for his car, I noticed someone enter the bar, and it was my brother! Oh my goodness, I'm doomed.

"My brother, that my brother!" I yelled, punching his shoulders.