CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

Alessander isn't always at home, so I texted him that I'm going outdoors but didn't tell him I'd be meeting the reporter. I simply saved the voice recording on my phone and returned the pen to his office. I dressed up and went outside, where I called the reporter and told him we'd meet at the vintage café because I was still finding for the perpetrator. I arrived early at the café, and the reporter arrived later.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm late," she said as she took a seat on the opposite side of the table.

"No, I just arrive early," I explained with a smile.

"I am ecstatic that you chose to have interview with me; it means a lot to me," she says while grinning so big that it makes me uncomfortable.

"I understand your predicament," I said, smiling back.

"Can we get started right away?"

"Yes," I said, my gaze fixed on her moves.

She took out a notepad, and all I saw was doddles' and nothing more than the scarbles words, which confused me because she could have used a voice recorder to capture our connversation, but she chose to use a notebook instead. On one page, I noticed her handwriting, which I 

recognized.

"You know you can record our chat with your phone," I informed her, and she chuckled uneasily.

"Yeah right. Sorry," she said as she slid her phone into her pocket, and I noticed her wallpaper, as well as her lover, on her phone.

"Are you currently in a relationship?" I asked as she prepares for the interview.

"Yeah, I almost lost the love of my life," she replied, her big smile beaming with contentment.

"Can we get started?" she inquired.

We began the interview, and she handled it admirably. I couldn't believe she was a fashion designer before becoming a journalist, but I understand why Marg dislikes her since she has a certain attitude.She offered me to join her before we ended the interview and parted ways.

"How about we have a dinner in my place as a thank you?" she suggested, her smile odd.

"I'll think about it," she says.

I gathered my belongings as a familiar song began to play inside the café, and to my surprise, 

Charlotte, the interviewer, recognized the song. I'll simply listen to her for now.

"Puff the magic dragon, hmm hmm hmm," she sang as she finished the sentence.

"I had no idea you recognized this song; based on your age, you are younger than I am, and I had never heard it," I chuckled.

"Well, I enjoy this song because it sounds so innocent," she replied and then got up to leave.

"I have to go," she grins as she turns back. "Thank you for the interview."

I walk away from her, staring at her back till I couldn't see her anymore. My phone rang when I 

stood up, and it was Alessander.

"Hello," I said.

"Where are you, you didn't tell me where you went?" he enquired, his voice anxious and irritated.

"I just went to a vintage café to chill," I explained, my voice serene.

"Stay there," he said as he hung up the phone, and I sat on the table.