CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

Days later, I was still at Alessander's house, which is a good thing because he didn't tell my brother that he is the father of the children I'm carrying because I'm not sure what I would do if I told him knowing what he would do. First, I discovered that he and my brother are bitter enemies, and that in every court matter that he and my brother handle, Alessander always wins, and that for the first time that my brother won the case, the media was horrified and plastered it all over Google News and social media. Second, because he learned from my mother, I know how he will respond in this chaotic situation, Either marry me to Alessander or throw me somewhere far away and calm, or maybe not? Maybe I'm exaggerating when I say he's unpredictable.

I felt even worse because he lost because of me, and we never discussed it. I was reacquainted with my surroundings when I noticed Alessander pouring milk for me.

In a mournful tone, I continued, "I advised you to put some ice on it."

I'm not a big fan of hot drinks; I like cold ones, and I was debating whether or not to ask for ice in prison.

He crossed his arm and said, "It's unhealthy."

"No, it's not," I said, pulling out my phone and walking up to the gallery to show him a screen capture of my research.

"However, I read in the book that it's dangerous for pregnant women," he says, his face flushed.

I taunt him by asking, "For pregnants book?"

He merely nodded slowly, which made me laugh because he is so cute.

"Well, now that you know, may I have some ice?" I asked, giving him puppy eyes.

He went to the kitchen to get the milk, and when he returned, the milk had ice in it, which made me very pleased, so I drank it and he left.

My phone rang, and Margaret's name flashed across the screen.

"Hello," I say.

"Hey, remember how I told you about the new journalist?" she asks, her voice annoyed.

Because it sounded so serious, I sat properly on the couch and asked, "Yes, why?"

"She mess up, " I could feel she rolled her eyes.

"Don't you liked her? "

"I don't know, there's something about her made me feel unsure," she explained. I need to admit Margie has a sharp gut feel.

"Well maybe you need to know her better," I suggested.

"Speaking of I need to do a favor for her which you would playing a part, " she hesitated.

"Go on."

"She begged to bit fire her about the only thing to make that happened is to interview you, " she paused and waited for my reaction.

I remained silent, refusing to give any station my statement or participate in an interview since I didn't want to lie again because it makes me sick. I don't want them to see me coming in and out of Alessander's house, which is why I've been staying there for about a week.

"Chel?" she inquires from the other end of the call.

"I need to ask my brother about that," I half-lied rather I need to ask Alessander about it.

"All right, phone me when you're ready for an interview, bye."

I hung up and began playing an old song. I was trying to figure out what tune the perpetrator whistled that day, and I knew it was an old one because the rhythm and pace were not like today's songs. That music reminds me of a lullaby in certain ways.

I strolled inside Alessander's room to clean it while doing some chores and listening to music, and his aroma welcomed me with open arms.

I jumped into his bed and laid over, thinking to myself, "How could his room smell like this?"

"I'll be able to clean after I sleep," I remarked, smiling broadly.

I went to sleep, and when I awakened, I went to the kitchen and cooked some lunch, then washed the dishes and put everything away, despite the fact that I had not yet cleaned his room. I returned to his room and took a seat in his bed.

I grin in my plan as I say, "Ah, I'm so tired, I need some sleep."

I'm not sure how long I slept, but I awoke to the sound of someone showering, my phone ringing, and an instagram notice. I sat on his bed and opened the door, and what I saw made my pulse skip a beat and my blood pressure rise. I observed some undress males, but not completely undress, they were only wearing boxers or pants, while others were wearing a trouser and a white long sleeve with two buttons open, exposing their chest. I laughed, I didn't realize Alessander had finished showering.

"What are you looking at on your phone?" he inquired, his tone solemn but tempting.

"It's only certain people's opinion of me," I admittedly lied.

I'm getting quite adept at lying at this point. Because my parents are so strict and make me feel bad about lying, I used to become anxious and never had the courage to lie.

"Really?" he exclaimed, irritated.

When I looked at him, I noticed that his lower body was wrapped in a towel. I locked my gaze on his abs.

"W-why?" I ask, my voice faltering.

He pointed to a mirror on my back, where I could see photographs of gorgeous males.

"Oh, I am. Well, it's no longer useful; I found a better view, and it's so beautiful; may I photograph it?" I grin.

He laughed and walked into his walk-in closet.

While remaining inside his closet, he inquires, "Why did you sleep in my room?"

"I'm yearning your aroma," I said honestly, as I always do because I don't enjoy lying and am a straightforward person.

He chided me, "You should be careful what you wish for."

I rolled my eyes and said, "It's hormones, not something else."

He said, mockingly, "Really?"

"Didn't you read those in your book?" Now the tables have turned on me, and I'm the one mocking him.

It smells like victory when I smirk. He was completely clothed when he went outside.

"Did you finish your dinner?"

"I'm not hungry," I said with a shake of my head.

"Go to your room and sleep there," he replied before settling down in his bed.

"I don't want to, I love the fragrance of your room. Go sleep in my room and don't come back till my room smells like you," I say, but instead of pushing him, I'm the one who moves. Before I knew it, I was falling out of bed, but he caught me.

His other hand is on my waist as he pulls me. I was trying to drag my body back into bed by grasping his shoulder, but he grabbed me and I raced over him. I locked my gaze on his. We are both silent as I go from the top of him to his side.

"I'm sorry," I say softly as I examine his features.

"Why are you sorry?" he said, puzzled and surprised.

I felt awful, so I looked down. "You lose because of me," I said.

"Who says I lose?" he asked, raising his chin and looking into my eyes before averting his gaze.

"I performed my part as a father, which is to keep you guys safe, and it's not your fault, because you're not guilty."

I nodded, he closed his eyes, and I waited until he appeared to be sleeping quietly before gently touching his abs. It was so much more pleasurable than touching the screen.

"Stop it," he whispered, his eyes still clenched.

"Just let me touch it," he said, snapping my hand.

"Aw, it's not me who wants to grip your abs, it's the baby," I said, but he only smirked.

I averted my gaze and turned the other way. I don't want to touch his face since it irritates me, so I tried to do it again even though I wasn't facing him.

"How come you can't stop it? You're perverting me."

"It's a lot better than touching my screen," I admitted with a sheepish grin.

He drew me nearer to him.

"Just for tonight," he said quietly enough for me to hear.

I believe he did it against his will.