Chapter 5

As Bellflower Cookie was about to leave the town and head to the docks, she felt something moving in her backpack. Putting the bag down and looking through it, a familiar little wolf pup popped out barking happily.

"Oh! What are you doing here, shouldn't you be in the forest?", Bellflower Cookie asked not expecting a response.

The pup just barked back at her. She just smiled back at it.

What was she going to do about this little guy...? Bellflower couldn't just take them with her since the pup belongs in the forest, not on a far-out island.

She sighed and looked at the pup, who at this point probably caught onto the fact that Bellflower Cookie wouldn't be taking them with her and was now doing puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry but I really can't take you with me. Your home is the forest, not with me."

The wolf pup continued to do the puppy eyes and right as Bellflower was going to give in, Wolf Cookie ran up to them.

"Hey uh did the wolf pup follow you by any chance?"

"Oh yeah, it did! They're in my bag."

Bellflower Cookie went to point at the wolf pup in her bag but it was already not there anymore.

"Huh, where'd they go?!"

"Think they might be hiding under your hat..."

Taking off her hat, Bellflower Cookie saw the wolf pup who had somehow gotten up there without her noticing.

"How'd you get there?", Bellflower says with a chuckle.

The pup just barks at her. Wolf Cookie then tries to grab the pup but it escapes back into Bellflower Cookie's bag.

"They really want to leave with you huh."

"Yeah... I can't take them back with me even if I wanted to though, I live on an island and I don't think that's where a wolf pup should live."

"Have done the puppy eyes yet?"

"Yep."

"Well then they're really not going to stop trying to go with you."

Bellflower Cookie just sighs in defeat.

"Is there really nothing we can do to change their mind?"

"Don't think there is."

"Looks like I'll have to figure out how to take care of it then..."

"Good luck with that."

As Bellflower Cookie went to leave, the pup jumped out of the bag and started pulling Wolf Cookie in the direction she was heading in. (This little pup is now a plot device, yes I have said it)

"Hey! What are you doing now?!"

Wolf Cookie attempted to get the pup to stop pulling him but to no avail. Bellflower simply giggled at what was going on.

"I think they want you to come as well", Bellflower said with a smile still on her face.

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Why exactly?"

"Uhhhh... because ummmm..."

"You don't even have a good reason for not wanting to leave."

"Isn't not wanting to go reason enough?"

"You said it yourself, when the pup is determined to do something, it'll stop at nothing until they do it."

"Fine, I'll come..."

"Great, you'll help me take care of them! Hope you don't get seasick!"

Wolf Cookie just sighs as he follows Bellflower Cookie and the pup.