Chapter 7

The next morning Bellflower Cookie had gotten up early to start working on some basic remedies with the herbs she had collected from her trip. Although normally she wouldn't get up this early, today there was work to do. She'd need to go out and buy some more food since they now had Wolf Cookie and the pup living in the house.

Oh well, nothing Bellflower Cookie can't handle!

After working on some more simple ones and making some tea, Bellflower Cookie set some plates down on the small table in the kitchen. Ginseng Cookie was probably going to be waking up soon so she might as well get things ready for breakfast.

Pouring some of the freshly made tea into a cup, Bellflower Cookie noticed Wolf Cookie walking into the room.

"Good morning!", Bellflower said with a smile.

"Morning..."

"Did you sleep well?"

"I guess you could say that. The bed was different to what I'm used to, still was nice though."

"Glad that you liked it. Oh would you like some tea?"

"What's the flavor? It has a really strong scent to it."

"Cinnamon! As much as I like herbal tea there's a merchant who comes by here every now and then with this wonderful cinnamon tea that I just can't help myself but to buy."

"I'll give it a try then I guess."

"Nice! It's fairly hot so maybe wait a little before drinking it"

Bellflower Cookie grabbed another cup and poured some more of the tea into it and proceeded to hand it to Wolf Cookie. She then sat down at the table with a small piece of paper to make a short list of things she'd need to grab from the market.

Wolf Cookie had sat across from her on the other chair, they'd probably need a third one as well looking at it. Bellflower would go talk to Sunflower Cookie about making one after the trip to the market. That would also make a good excuse to check on Seed and make sure she's in good condition.

Finishing off the list Bellflower then gets up and picks up her backpack from the floor.

"Where are you headed?", Wolf Cookie asked looking at her with curiosity.

"To the market, wanna come?"

"I'm good, anyways it's probably best I stay here with the wolf pup until they wake up at least."

"I can take care of them for the day if you want.", Ginseng Cookie said walking into the kitchen.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?", Wolf Cookie replied.

"Oh it'll be fine, these old bones can handle a small thing like them. And anyways, this will be a good way for you to learn your way around town and meet some of the other cookies here."

"Yeah! It's not like this place hasn't been made a mess of before, the pup will be fine with Ginseng.", Bellflower Cookie chimes in.

"If you guys say so...", Wolf Cookie says with a sigh.

"Great! Let's get going then!"

Bellflower Cookie then heads to the door waving bye to Ginseng as she leaves with Wolf Cookie following along.

POV Swap ~~~

Although Werewolf Cookie did actually think it was best for him to stay with the pup for the first day, he was more or less just trying to use it as an excuse to not have to have to interact with people. Sadly it seems Ginseng Cookie had seen right through that so there was no way Werewolf wasn't going to head out with Bellflower Cookie.

At least the scenery on the way there was nice though.

Arriving at the market area, there were quite a few stalls there, some being run by people they had seen yesterday, others who they hadn't but from simply picking up their scent were from the town, and some who were from other places.

Bellflower Cookie had gone up to a few stalls selling food to buy some of the stuff on the list of hers and introduced Werewolf Cookie to some of the cookies running the stalls as well. They all seemed fairly friendly but he didn't want to warm up too much just in case he'd have to go back to the forest. Overall, the shopping trip was nice to say the least. 

While heading back to the house, Bellflower Cookie had decided to break the awkward silence.

"Sooooo how are you enjoying the place so far?"

"It's good I guess... The town doesn't have many people living in it huh?"

"Yeah, although it does make it so we're a fairly tight-knit community."

"That seems nice."

"It is. Something about everyone knowing everyone is just such a nice feeling."

"Huh..."

The two then go back into just silently walking. Werewolf Cookie wondered if he'd ever be able to be a part of a group like that, he doubted he could though...