Introduction

[authors note
this is my first story so it's gonna be bad just so your prepared! Please try get to season two as that season is the best one Ive wrote just not published yet!]

[A/N: ^^ that was my authors note from three, maybe four, years ago. This was my first ever fan fiction, and I appreciate all the support on it, it may even be eligible for a wattys! But, since many of you still read this story, I'm gonna try and edit it, and finish publishing it— making it better and more emotional, as I have gotten very better at writing over the years. Lots of love, thank you so much for all the support on this!!]

• • • •

Brooke Montgomery, the kook queen, a girl who everyone loved for her genuine kindness. A girl whose family is wealthy, and gave her a great life. A girl who lives next door to the Cameron's.

There was a huge hurricane last night, causing the whole of outer banks to have a power outage.

"Hey, mom." Brooke said with a yawn, as she tucked her messy hair behind her ear. "Brookie! I need you to go and get groceries." Her mother smiled, raising her brows at her, hoping she'd say yes.

"I just woke up! And there's just been a hurricane." Brooke argued, in a mumble. "Also, I told you not to call me that anymore, I'm not a child." The brunette added.

"Oh, Brooke— please." She sighed, worried.

"Jesus, fine!" Brooke snapped, grabbing her keys and walking out of the house. Brooke sighed, realising she didn't even ask what her mother needed as she closed the car door.

A small knock came from the window, Brooke's jaw clenched as she turned around, slowly. Her mother was stood at the window, holding up a list, with a smile.

"Don't we have a person for this?" Brooke asked, as she rolled down her window.

"I let everyone have the day off, there's just been a hurricane Brooke, don't be so spoiled." Her mother stated, placing the list in the car.

Brooke glared at her mother, tiredly, quickly beginning to the roll up the window again.

"Brooke Lawrence! You could've took my finger off." Her mother angrily spoke, jumping back.

"Good." The brunette muttered to herself as she began to drive away.

• • • •

Brooke placed the finale bag of groceries into the car, until she noticed the pouges— I mean she was on their side of town, but she hadn't seen them in a while.

"John b!" She called them over, raising her hand. He looked a tad nervous when he looked back at her— but he knew he had to go other, as did the others.

"Brooke long time no see!" he said sweating, with a fake smile plastered across his face.

"Hey, guys. How are you doing?" Brooke asked, with a smile.

"We're good." Kie smiled, taking over, noticing how nervous the three boys looked. "Hey, there's a keg tonight, if you wanna come?" JJ asked, blurting it out.

Brooke noticed how jittery they all looked, "I might swing by, not much else to do." She informed them, returning a small smile.