the keg

—edited (read the note from the last chapter if you're confused!)—

• • • •

I decided to swing by the keg, out of boredom really, my dad was fighting the power company as the back up generators weren't working.

"So, pour me a drink." I said, rolling my eyes at the blonde boy.

"Of course your majesty." JJ said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm and snatched the drink out of his hand.

I drank the final dregs of my drink, noticing a familiar face walk into the keg, Sarah Cameron. I knew her for years, but ever since me and rafe drifted apart I hadn't talked to her in years.

The pouges faces fell, seeing the kook princess, with her ass of a boyfriend, topper.

I walked over to JJ, knowing he was my favourite out of them all, "hey, JJ." I smiled, walking beside him.

"Hey, Brooke." He smiled back.

I noticed him angrily looking at Sarah and topper. "Hey, why do you guys hate them but like me? I still have my nickname from everyone on this side, don't I?" I asked him, curiously.

"Because you're kind, don't judge; money wise and all, your head isn't up your own ass." JJ began to speak, a small smirk raising on his face.

I nudged him, trying to hold back my laughter, "they're still my friends, you know?" I replied.

"Brooke, once you saw me after my dad...and you decided to clean me up, buy me like a gallon of chocolate, and snuck me into your pool house so I could stay the night— if that's not enough reason to like you then I don't know what is."

"That's human decency." I replied, with a smile as I thought about it.

"You also didn't tell anyone about it, which is rare for you kooks." JJ told me.

"Well, you always have a room in my pool
house." I joked, patting his shoulder.

JJ chuckled at my comment, "appreciate it."

• • • •

It quickly became dark out, and things quickly got heated between topper and John b. Ending with them two fighting, and topper drowning John B, just like how his father died— tormenting him about it while he done it.

suddenly JJ pulled a gun out from his waistband.

I noticed Sarah, getting closer to where the gun was. "Sarah!" I shouted, grabbing her and pulling her away.

"Topper let him go!" She yelled, as she stood beside me. Everyone shouted, all of them taking over one another— trying to make the two boys stop, and JJ to put the gun away, while most of the people ran away in fear.

JJ planted the gun at the back of toppers neck, making him raise his hands up from toppers neck, "topper!" Sarah screeched, moving forward.

"No, no. Stay back." I quietly told her, in more of a discipline tone, pulling her back again. "You know your father would kill me if I let you get any closer." I added. 

John B raised up, gasping for air. "Are you okay?" I mouthed to him, concerned— he gave me a small nod, coughing as kie ran over.

JJ began shooting bullets into the air, making us all step back, the ones who were left. "Everyone get off our side of the island now!" He shouted, making sure everyone heard— but they were mostly running in horror.

"Sarah, let's go." Topper said angrily, grabbing her wrist.

I stood in front of her, making him remove his grip from her. "No. she's not going anywhere with you." I said, bluntly, a straight face
forming. "Besides, I live right beside her, it's better for me to walk her home? Don't ya think?"

"Sarah?" He asked so she could make a decision, looking past me.

"I'm going with her." Sarah angrily told him, looking over at me thankfully.

The two of us began to walk home. "Are you okay?" I asked the blonde, worried.

"I'm okay. Thanks for stepping in back
there." She smiled, genuinely grateful.

"No need to thank me, it was the truth." I giggled, trying to lighten her mood. "how's your family doing by the way?"

"You mean how's rafe." She said, a smug look appearing on her face.

"I wasn't talking about him." I rolled my eyes, facing away from her.

"He's...rafe." Sarah shrugged, "he wasn't really the same after you two had that argument."

"He'll be okay." I sarcastically shrugged, "this is where we part ways." I smiled, the two of us stood at our front gates.

"I'll see you around, Brooke, hopefully." Sarah told me, clearly missing me. "Yeah." I nodded.