Movie night

• • • •

Tonight was the summer movie night, my mom had forced me to go— I always used to go with Carrie. Now it was just me.

I looked around and noticed the pouges clearly stressed out, and then I moved my eyes to where they were looking— that's when I noticed rafe and his group of assholes looking at them in anger.

I walked over to get a drink, trying to ignore that something was happening. "Lemonade, please." I smiled, grabbing my credit card out of my purse.

I grabbed my lemonade, and began walking over to a seat— that's when I felt a presence appear behind me. 

"What do you want, rafe?" I sighed, and turned to face him— my eyes meeting with his as I looked up at him.

"Hey, Brooke." He quickly said, smirking, clearly up to something.

My face stayed straight, and I crossed my
arms, "What are you up to?" I questioned.

"Huh?" His eyes widened.

"Don't play stupid, Cameron. I've seen the pouges looking over at you in terror all night."

He was froze for a moment, "We're not up to anything, simply here to enjoy the film." He replied.

I smirked at him, knowing he was lying, "look at that, the films started, hope you guys enjoy it." I grinned, patting his shoulder.

I watched as rafe and his friends followed pope and JJ behind the screen— then I heard kiara scream in the distance. I got up, quickly running behind the screen in worry.

My eyes widened as I saw them all beating the pouges, Rafe nearly killing one of them, kiara screaming in anger and worry.

"Let go of him topper you asshole!" Kie
shouted hitting topper with her bag.

Topper pushed her away, but she quickly ran back in to try and make him let go of pope.

I quickly noticed that JJ was close to passing out as rafe choked him. "Rafe, get off him!" I yelled, trying to pull him away from the boy.

"Back off, Brooke!" He shouted back, pushing me away— I turned around hearing a thud, realising kiara just got pushed to the ground.

"Are you okay?" I gasped, looking over at her— she began moving over to her bag, grabbing it.

I dropped to my knees beside her, I realised she was forming a plan as she looked around at her friends getting beaten.

Kiara suddenly pulled out a gun, the gun that JJ used, I could tell she was thinking about it. I placed my hand on hers, the hand that held the gun— she looked up at me, unsure what to do. I shook my head no at her, and rummaged through the bag to think of an alternative.

I grabbed two lighters, "here. the screen." I whispered to her, looking over at the screen that played the film.

The two of us ran over, and lit up each side in flames. The people on the other side quickly began to panic, and run in fear.

"Let go of him!" Kie shouted, threateningly and they did when they realised they'd quickly be exposed.

"Get off him, you ass!" I shouted at rafe, and he did. I caught JJ by the shoulders as he fell, "are you okay?" I asked him, concerned, before turning around and looking at rafe in anger. 

"I'm good, I think. Thanks for catching me." JJ smiled, as he coughed.

"Anytime." I told him, still holding him as he caught his breath. "Here, I'll help you home." I told him, noticing kiara was helping pope.

"you almost killed him man." I heard topper laughing with rafe— what a dick.

• • • •

Me and kiara helped JJ and pope back into the château. "There, get in." I demanded JJ, as I was helping him to the bed.

"Just like old times." He joked, remembering the pool house.

My arms ached as I threw him onto the bed, "you weigh a ton." I groaned, moving my arms around.

"Gee. Thanks." He groaned back.

"Yeah, yeah. Get some rest. Bye JJ." I smiled, stood at the door, now.

"Bye Brooke!" He painfully yelled, as I walked out of the room.