Stolen Clothes

This went in a slightly different direction than I initially hoped it would but it is what it is.

------------------------------------

Third person's P.O.V.

"Hey," Kevin called from Rook's couch, "you okay dude?" He received no answer. Instead, Rook continued to mumble and curse under his breath from within the confines of his bedroom. Kevin leaned back on the couch and craned his neck in the direction of his friend. "Rook?"

"This does not make sense!" the Revonnahgander yelled, unaware that he had drawn Kevin's attention, "It cannot have just disappeared. It was here yesterday."

Kevin raised a brow as he stared towards Rook's bedroom in confusion. What the hell was going on? Did Rook misplace something? No. The Revonnahgander is way too organized to let himself misplace something. However, something was definitely lost based on what he was saying. But what? Well, there's only one way to find out. 

"Do you need help looking for something?" Kevin asked as he made his way towards Rook's bedroom. As soon as he reached the doorway he froze. The sight before him was one he'd never thought he'd see in his lifetime. Rook's room was a mess! Clothes and other memorabilia were scattered all around the space as Rook himself kept digging around with increasing panic.

"Woah there," Kevin said as he crossed the uncharacteristically unkempt room, "I'm gonna need you to calm down buddy. This is getting out of hand."

"I cannot calm down whe-" Rook cut himself off and took a deep breath. He then glanced around his messy bedroom and sighed. "Sorry. I might be overreacting."

"No, no, no. It's alright," Kevin assured his friend, "Want to tell me what you're looking for? Maybe I can help you out."

"It is no use," Rook sighed, his shoulders slumping in defeat, "I have been looking for my hoodie for three days. I do not know where it could have gone. I always put it back in the same place after I do laundry. Is it common for clothes to just... vanish?"

"In some cases, yes," Kevin said as he sat down next to Rook on the floor.

"What do you mean by that?" Rook asked, "Is it an earth thing?"

"It's a couple thing," Kevin answered. His response got him a confused look from his friend. The Osmosian wanted to laugh but withheld it. "It's a sign of endearment to steal and wear your partner's clothes. Ben probably has a whole stash of your shirts and hoodies by now."

Rook nodded thoughtfully and said, "I see. Thank you for explaining it to me."

"No problem," Kevin replied with a slight smile. The pair then went about restoring Rook's bedroom to its proper state. And if Rook set aside a couple shirts from his wardrobe with a slight tinge of colour on his cheeks, Kevin didn't say a thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would definitely do this but I'd probably tell my partner, "Hey, I'm taking this," and then leave with the article of clothing before they can process anything lol.

Also, I meant to post this yesterday but Ao3 was down and since I cross-post I wanted these to e updated at the same time.