chapter 12

I woke up to the sound of beeping and white all around me.where am i? I felt a weight on my arm beside me and i looked over..... "Matt? Is that you?" Matt quickly jerked his head up...Was he crying?! I attempted to shift myself up to look at him but he just put a hand on my shoulder not allowing me to move. "The doctor said to make sure you don't move that much" matt said while shifting to hug me "th-thank god y-you're ok! I thought i lo-st you" i felt tears hitting my back as his icy cold breath hitched as he said this i moved my arm to run my fingers through his hair "its ok matt" i said still remembering exactly what had happened "how long was i out though?" matt had stopped hugging me lookover at me "about a week the others were beat up pretty badly " he had said but then the door opened it was that magenta freak henry "why is HE here" matt froze looking at henry as well i'm thinking the same thing henry froze. To realize that matt had snuck something into the hospital. A knife. Matt had gotten up to shut the door and when he did he turned the knife onto henry. "Listen here you magenta freak, if you don't get out of here I'll personally make sure you are six feet under, dead OR alive" Henry just froze and teleported out. Matt turned to me, putting the knife away saying "you won't tell anyone that I brought this in here, right?" I shook my head. I must admit seeing matt this protective of me was kinda attractive. I felt heat rize t my cheeks with this thought but i shook it off then i heard the door open again. Who was it this time? Upon looking it was steven! He had walked over and hugged me "(y/n)! You're alright!" i hugged him back "you are too!" Steven stopped hugging me and I saw Matt giving him that g l a r e again now that side of him I must admit, was terrifying. I think Steven could feel Matt glaring at him because he quickly pulled away from me. "Sorry i wasn't here for you to wake up" Steven said looking down "i'm not supposed to be here anyway, the doctors wanted me to stay in my room solely. I smiled at him and said "It's fine steven!" then a nurse came in "sir, you're supposed to be in your room- OH they're awake!" i smiled at the nurse and nodded my head she quickly ran off to find a doctor while steven left as well mat turned to me and said "well i know this is a bad time to say but i need to get it off my chest y/n i-" just then a doctor walked in "im sorry sir you need to leave,visiting hours are over anyway." Matt seemed annoyed at this and walked out with a huff. The doctor turned to me and said "you're a very lucky person! If the shot were a little lower it would've hit you directly in the head!" that set in for a moment before he said "you're lucky that friend was there with you! I swear I've never seen a man run so fast and he was carrying someone!" Matt saved me? Wow! How can I EVER repay him? The doctor handed me my phone, which surprisingly had no damage! That was great! I could talk to Matt even when the visiting hours were over!

A few months and many visits from Matt and steven later

Today was the day! I can finally go home! I was starting to get home sick. Matt had already texted me that he was on his way. A few minutes had passed and Matt had arrived looking almost happier than me! He just smiled as he does normally and grabbed my hand and started taking me to the car. WAIT HE WAS HOLDING MY HAND. I hid the fact I was blushing from him. I feel the same way for Steven as I do for Matt. What should I do? Before I knew it we were in the car. "Oh,uhm sorry for grabbing your hand y/n." Matt said letting go. I looked at him hoping I wasn't still blushing and said "oh! I didn't mind! It's totally fine Matt!" Matt just smiled as we both got in the car and he turned on some music that we both liked. I slowly started to feel sleepy. When you're homesick you don't get that much sleep.