Chapter 4: Hunting Life Of A Goblin.

The next day after Gobyu infiltrated the treasure room, surprisingly, there's no one suspect that some of the treasures are stolen.

"Gobyu, let's team up!"

"Yes, yes! I wanna team with you Gobyu!"

Early in the morning, Gobwan and Gobtu came to him. According to them, only at the first day of foraging they will be guarded by veteran goblins. And after that, they would go outside on their own.

Females have no way of defending themselves, so they group up with the males for a joint operation. While the females are finding fruits and other edible herbs, Males are guarding them and also hunting for meat at the same time.

"Fine, my group mates died the other day so I'm all alone anyway."

He has to guard the two, even if he doesn't have any catch, they still would share their food to him. It was a win-win for them.

                                                     ***

"Hurry! We hunt humans!"

"Yes! Yes! Me lonely, women died!"

Before Gobyu and the others set out, they saw a group of strong goblins. It seems the presence of female humans are essential for the goblins.

"Hey old man, why are they kidnapping women?"

On their side was the old goblin from before. He was watching the youngsters departing to hunt.

"Female humans are essential for breeding. Have you notice? The male and female ratio is favorable on men, we need to import women from human race to raise the birthrate."

"I see..."

Now that he said it, I rarely see other female goblins.

He didn't thought about it before since he's always with the two sisters. The old man continued.

"Also, child from humans are stronger than child from goblins."

"So, they are important in order to have strong offsprings huh..."

If that is the case, then he would likely to see more of female humans from now on. Just thinking about it makes him disgusted.

"In any case, I think we should focus on strengthening the goblins instead of waiting for strong offsprings." Gobyu said.

For his opinion, waiting for a strong goblins to be born instead of training those who are already here was a massive waste of time and resources.

In the first place, there's no guarantee if the child will surely be strong. If they didn't let the others die and train them first, the tribe would be thriving by now.

"That's not the case kiddo. Goblins are not that intellectual, they are capable of only listening to their instinct and can't teach anything."

So instead of focusing on teaching them which was hardly productive, it was more convenient to just wait for the strong to be born. Or so what the old man said.

But Gobyu's stand didn't budge. He was more on the thought of training his fellow goblins.

"What if. What if someone train them? Is it okay?"

"Bahahaha, that's amusing. Try it if you can, but I'm telling you. It will not be easy."

"Yeah, I know. It's not like I will really train them."