Chapter 8: The Eldest Goblin.

On a cold, dark, and wide space inside the cave. There was gold coins, weapons, potions, and other things that you can call treasures, scattered in the middle.

On the deeper side of the space gathered hundreds of goblins. Some are hostile and some are trembling with fear. While on the opposite side, where the entrance was located, was group of human intruders.

There was the chief of the goblin tribe, sticking out like a sore thumb. Gathered around him was buff goblins carrying the captive women.

One of the young man in the group, acting as representative, step forward and glared at the chief. He held his sword pointing at him. The young man was wearing a high quality looking paladin armor and a sword that even with untrained eyes will see it was so sharp.

"Bring it on!"

The young man said something taunting, the other goblins might not understand what he said, but the Cheif-- being a Goblin Lord-- has some advanced intelligence compared to an average goblin.

He learned some of the human language long ago while he interact with female humans he captured. Well, interacting with female humans only means one thing though, and one will surely know that it was not kind of pleasant talks.

The Chief, hiding his trembling hands, growled at the intruders.

"Graaah! Human weak! All attack!" He barked, ordering his goblin subjects.

Seeing his reaction, the young man raised is guard up. Everyone was aware, the battle will about to start.

The front part of the goblins gathered, eyed them with bloodshot eyes. It was clear for the group that those goblins was ready to kill them without mercy.

But of course, the other party was the same. It became a battle which one party will be wiped out and the other will victorious. The outcome of the battle was still unknown.

"-- Heat Wave!"

And then, on a drop of a hat, the battle had began. It was too sudden that the front liner goblins didn't even able to react nor know that they have died.

The female-- which appears to be a caster-- suddenly unleashed her spell. Wave of flame shot towards the goblins in the vanguard turning them to ashes and disappeared without trace.

The terror on the chief's face was almost visible, but his will power and pride managed him to keep his composure only on appearance. But deep inside, he was desperately trying a way to escape.

"They are still stunned! It's our chance, attack!"

And then the group of humans began their all out attack.

                                                       ***

"Don't tell me...."

Nicolo-- who asked the question before-- paled on Hugo's silence. Yes, goblins are weak. That was the common sense in this world or even on the knowledge back on his former world.

There were exception like evolved goblins like Hobgoblins, goblin lords, goblin warlords, etc. But even so, they are only as strong or slightly stronger than ogre at best. Goblin Warlord for example, was slightly stronger than ogre and more intelligent too.

Hugo's silence continued, then Nicolo uncharacteristically did not pursue any further.

Then a moment later, Hugo finally parted his mouth.